Take-a-Gander
Mergie Marauder

The Walruz cancels Thanksgiving

Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:18 pm

This moron needs to be tarred and feathered!
Mask mandate.......makes no difference
Shut down bars and restaurants.......rates don’t change
So let’s cancel Thanksgiving..... that will do it
F you Walz

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: The Walruz cancels Thanksgiving

Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:54 pm

Lol. It's convenient how they waited post election to start closing down again

Also, I feel terrible for restaurant owners.the one across the street from our office just spend money building a insulated wood platform and renting a 20*30 heated tent to put on it for additional seating space...now they can't even use it. And paid for all of it. Where was all this before the cold weather hit? I wonder how many restaurants did the same thing just yo have Walzrus kick themin the nuts. Seriously terrible just to play politics

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:47 am

tell that to the covid patients im taking care of currently fighting for their lives.

Wear a fu$king mask! Its not hard to do. I wear one every day in the OR, my 1st grader wears one all day to school. If a 7 yr old can do it you whiney a$$ adults can too. physical distancing, masking all play into stopping the spread. stay the fu$5 home keep your group sizes down. we are drowning in the hospitals right now. you cant see that from the outside but inside its a sh1t storm.

i really wish you all could come spend a day in my shoes. then maybe you would see this isnt a fu4king hoax.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:54 am

I thought all the COVID talk was just going to go away once Biden won? Weird, turns out that when the healthcare system is literally on the brink of collapse, the conspiracy theories are proven to be a bunch of garbage.

It’s about time somebody stepped up with more restrictive rules to slow this mess down. Every day of the COVID disaster, I and millions of others lose money. And every additional day this continues, we all lose more.

What’s more terrible than “playing politics”? Dying from a simple appendicitis or gallbladder attack because the hospital is full of COVID patients and can’t help you. It’s always been about hospital capacity and we are seeing those concerns comes to fruition. Whether you think you are high risk or not, there are millions of people that are, and currently almost 80K of them are taking up a hospital bed that would have otherwise been ready for you if you need it.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:00 am

randywatson wrote:tell that to the covid patients im taking care of currently fighting for their lives.

Wear a fu$king mask! Its not hard to do. I wear one every day in the OR, my 1st grader wears one all day to school. If a 7 yr old can do it you whiney a$$ adults can too. physical distancing, masking all play into stopping the spread. stay the fu$5 home keep your group sizes down. we are drowning in the hospitals right now. you cant see that from the outside but inside its a sh1t storm.

i really wish you all could come spend a day in my shoes. then maybe you would see this isnt a fu4king hoax.

R u a doc or nurse? Just wondering. You have seemed knowledgeable on health topics in the past.

Thank you for battling this. Appreciate what you’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:27 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:
randywatson wrote:tell that to the covid patients im taking care of currently fighting for their lives.

R u a doc or nurse? Just wondering. You have seemed knowledgeable on health topics in the past.

Thank you for battling this. Appreciate what you’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nurse anesthetist (CRNA) Nurse for 5 years CRNA for 11.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:46 am

So what's the long term plan/solution?

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:51 am

HnkrCrash wrote:I thought all the COVID talk was just going to go away once Biden won? Weird, turns out that when the healthcare system is literally on the brink of collapse, the conspiracy theories are proven to be a bunch of garbage.

It’s about time somebody stepped up with more restrictive rules to slow this mess down. Every day of the COVID disaster, I and millions of others lose money. And every additional day this continues, we all lose more.

What’s more terrible than “playing politics”? Dying from a simple appendicitis or gallbladder attack because the hospital is full of COVID patients and can’t help you. It’s always been about hospital capacity and we are seeing those concerns comes to fruition. Whether you think you are high risk or not, there are millions of people that are, and currently almost 80K of them are taking up a hospital bed that would have otherwise been ready for you if you need it.

Isn't this contradictory? The longer it goes on, the slower it goes the longer it it will be here.

What's the long term plan?

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:57 am

the slower it goes the more time we have to take care of the ill and get them out of the hospital to make room for another. its a simple numbers game until we get a vaccine.

like mentioned before. the other emergency surgery and procedure things dont stop happening. people dont stop having strokes, heart attacks, car accidents, need a gall bladder removed. Where do you think these patients are gonna go if every bed is consumed by a covid patient?

gotta think big picture not the mini microcosm of your job and how it's being affected. cuz you could slip on the ice have a tib fib fracture and not have a bed to recover in then throw a fat emboli to your lungs and not have an icu bed to keep you alive.

Take-a-Gander
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:33 pm

Randy
I too work in a hospital and we are stretched thin
I am mostly out patient procedure based and have had to cancel my surgeries for the next two weeks.
As the original poster I want to tell you I am very great full for you fold on the front line
Yes distancing, masking and hand hygiene need to be practiced. In my opinion, the governor has overstepped his bounds by some of his proposals
Mainly the fact he is basically canceling Thanks giving. I still plan on having my Son and family. We live in the same town he works from home, his wife is a stay at home Mom, my wife is at home. Being at the clinic makes me the risk but I am not exposed to COVID here. Probably more risky going to the Walmart (which has never closed even though small retailers had to early on).
We all need to be smart, there is still going to always be the ignorant people who don’t take precautions regardless of executive orders.
I can’t post the link but I would encourage you all to watch the interview on KAAL tv with Dr Scott Jensen
He is a family practice doc and state senator. He has some great points
Stay safe all

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”