Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

The Walruz cancels Thanksgiving

Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:58 pm

How does a mask infringe in your freedom?

Why is it so hard to take on a precautionary principle when it comes to something we know so little about?

What are you out if it turns out wearing a mask doesn’t help and you wore one the whole time? What if you’re wrong and wearing mask helps greatly?

It’s honestly kind of pathetic how un-neighborly our society has gotten.

Seeing as how North Dakota leads the world in covid death rates, it’s wild to me the cities are objectively safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: The Walruz cancels Thanksgiving

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:28 pm

I wear one anytime I'm around people on jobs...but wearing a mask all day doing physical labor really does blow. Not as bad as when I have to wear full-blown respirators when we cleanup like dead body juice that really cuts the air flow down.

But between the slightly reduced airflow, sweat etc... really are a pain in the ass. That being said I still wear them

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:51 pm

God damn I kinda wanna ask about the dead body juices but I’m not sure I really wanna know.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:42 pm

Sometimes people die and no one cares about them so no one's finds them til the odor starts permeating the hallway...like an appt complex. By then the body has liquifyed and seeped into subfloor, drywall, etc which we then need to remove, sanitize, deodorize, etc.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:24 pm

Seen a series of photos on Reddit of folks who went into an abandoned house. The house was referred to as a “time capsule” because it hasn’t been touched in any way since it was abandoned.

The house was a mess, and there were many bottles of prescription pills out. It was evident that house had fallen into disarray because the owner had become aged.

They went downstairs and there was a body print on the floor stained into the carpet in the middle of hallway where a person must have laid for a long time before discovery.

Wild stuff. We ain’t out here eating grass like deer. Our insides gotta be nasty.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:33 pm

Ya it don't really bother me but I don't make employees do it. You f one of them up from seeing dead body stuff you'll never stop paying for it

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:30 am

Mr Drunk Dynasty,

I do wear a mask indoors for the most part. I do make exceptions in certain situations when it makes sense based on exposure and when I know the establishment or individual is okay with me not having a mask on. I question their effectiveness based on when people wear them, how they wear them and the type of mask but regardless if they help just a little I will wear one to try to slow this thing down because like you say it is a minor inconvenience.

If they want to make covid laws then they should follow our constitutional process to make those laws and allow the courts to analyze if they are constitutional should they be challenged. You know, like the way our constitution says it is supposed to work. What I do have issue with is mayors, governors and our president closing schools, churches, businesses, limiting numbers of people in our homes, etc like some dictator or tyrant. That is not how it is supposed to work in our country and thank god for that. You know why so many police officers have come out publicly saying they won't enforce these mandates, orders and rules? Because they are sworn to uphold the law and constitution and these are not laws and are unconstitutional af. Regardless of how minor you may see these orders or mandates they are infringing on peoples freedoms and that infringement when not following our constitutional process is a very big issue for many.

I responded to you because you said people not following an unconstitutional mandate are trying to be badasses then try to justify it by the fact that the government hasn't tried to infringe on our 2nd amendment right even further than they already have. That is an asinine thought process in my opinion. You said in an orange man thread you think we should follow our constitution but it appears to me you are one of those who only want to follow the constitution when it fits their views.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:49 am

Oh well agree to disagree I guess. But I especially
don’t think cops are exactly qualified to be constitutional scholars (LOL). If they swore to an oath for the constitution, a cops probably shouldn’t enforce Mary Jane laws, probably shouldn’t arrest someone for a bump stock, SBR, or various other NFA related items either. But they can and they do.

I see the mask issue as much different than closing business etc. totally different argument IMO and certainly some fair ones to be made about some of the shutdowns. Think we can all agree on some of the mishandling.

A mask is simply doing the neighborly thing, but you’re being naive if you think some people who aren’t wearing them are doing so as a political statement.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:17 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Oh well agree to disagree I guess. But I especially
don’t think cops are exactly qualified to be constitutional scholars (LOL). If they swore to an oath for the constitution, a cops probably shouldn’t enforce Mary Jane laws, probably shouldn’t arrest someone for a bump stock, SBR, or various other NFA related items either. But they can and they do.

Those are laws that the officers are enforcing. Whether they are constitutional or not should be up to the courts. Emergency government orders and mandates are not laws and do not follow our constitutional process. Again you are focused on what you feel is right versus our constitutional and government process.

Agree to disagree but for a guy who says he believes in our constitution you seem to only agree with part of it.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

The Walruz cancels Thanksgiving

Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:19 am

But those NFA laws could easily be interpreted as unconstitutional. Violation of the second amendment.

I’m really only arguing for masks. I’ll let the big brains debate the other stuff.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”