cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Re: The Walruz cancels Thanksgiving

Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:55 am

This virus is not just about old people, they just die the most from it. Everyone is susceptible to it and can have various effects from it. There is still a lot of unknowns about it. The loss of life, no matter what age is a tragedy. Asking everyone to be considerate of others seems like such a small sacrifice.

The older generations have paid the price for years, dealing with the drug addictions ( Meth perhaps the worst of it) of the younger groups. The costs in terms of law enforcement, court costs, crime victim losses, hospitalizations without insurance, treatment facilities, welfare claims, etc that were economically devastating as well. Sure, they complained about the costs, but they tolerated the “self-imposed” drug victims of it. Now it’s their turn for consideration.

IMO, most Meth heads will never contribute or payback to a collective society what the took from it. Some exceptions noted. I speak from personal family and professional experience.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:05 pm

My brother is an RN. He transferred hospitals....didn't even get through orientation before having to hit it hard in the covid wing due to having prior experience with covid at the hospital he was coming from......the new one he's at apparently transferred them, or didn't have many during the first wave or some shit.

First things first, they filled their covid/covid ICU ward to capacity this past week. No more beds available. None.

I guess there's been all kinds of dead as a result....morgue filled.....bodies piling up behind the hospital in a makeshift morgue made out of 2×4's and plywood, this cold weather saving their ass and being very advantageous.....all the death a direct result of capacity being reached and people not being able to receive care.....

Disregard the previous paragraph...it's total bullshit I just made up. See how easy that is? If you read that on some other website with three letters of whatever flavor you would've taken it as gospel....every last word. You know what the difference is between me and whatever fukcing equally fake name they put on top of those articles?

I'm honest with my lies and it's not my job to mislead you. I'm just a schmuck like you stuck trying to ride it out in this shithole. Don't think for a second that the news you read is created any differently than the bulllshit I just threw at you trying to make you question what "you know." You can make up whatever you want these days if you're in the media. It's just bullshit they're making up....third hand info some fukc in China writes up as if he's there. When they get caught no one gives a shit because in 24 hours everyone has forgot since it's already old news.

Back to my brother and what happened in reality.....

Once the finite capacity was reached in the covid ward......

....they just made the adjoining part of the hospital also part of the covid ward.

Turns out that finite capacity wasn't that finite. See, before they'd walk through a set of doors from the non-covid ward into the covid ward.....I'm sure after pouring diluted bleach water on their nutsacks and labia and taking whatever other sanitary precautions prior to entering.....before any of you freak out....

So they used to enter this one part of the hospital that was the covid ward, but it got filled, but then they realized, "Hey, that part of the hospital we're walking through prior to reaching the covid ward.....you know....the part of the floor that's non-covid and mainly empty yet exactly the fukcing same as the covid part that's almost full......What if......crazy idea here......What if we moved those handful of patients to another non-covid part of the hospital that's also exactly the same and equally low in volume compared to it's capacity.......and then we could just include all those beds into the covid ward and then we'd have more capacity for treating covid patients since that seems to be our biggest current demand?"

"Wow! GREAT IDEA! Then we won't have to not treat people and have them die like Walz keeps stating we're going to be forced to do!"

"Yeah, great idearah......we literally don't even have to move a single fukcing thing since this is a hospital and all these beds are the same. We'll just run a curtain for the expanded ICU and roll in some ventilators and the other shit that is the only real delineation of what is or isn't an ICU bed!"

I bet other people at other hospitals have figured this out too. I'd even wager someone a Benjamin that if ICU patients jumps to over 3,000 at one time.....there's going to somehow be over 3,000 beds to accommodate for them.

Any of you fukcers freaking out want to take me up on that bet?

Yeah.....that's what I fukcing thought.

The other thing I've learned from my little bro.....who's got a decade under his belt....

....keep in mind my poor little bro doesn't just have me as his older brother, he's got five older brothers, four of them who aren't flaming liberal phaggots who aren't going to allow him to blow smoke up their asses and preach about how he's on the front....get weepy eyed about covid "horror stories" like some fukcing female nurse in need of attention. That shit doesn't fly with us and if it's tried we mock each other until we're taken down a peg.

So when the media was freaking out and all the chick nurses started and have yet to stop about how they're fukcing heroes not wearing a cape.....I'd shoot my brother a text and be like, "WTF?" and he'd text back stuff like....

"It's actually been extremely slow and I'm having to burn through PTO because they're cutting hours."

"No, we have PPE. There's no shortage. We're good right now."

"We've still got PPE but now we're forced to reuse and wash our N95's because by guideline we have to ration something we aren't short on."

Do you want the real scoop on covid patients?

They're either all old......or fat as fukc. Orca fat. Or both. If they're not old.....they're so fukcing fat that they have issues breathing because their lungs can't compress and breathe normally due to how fukcing fat they are and how much weight they have on their chest.

Hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular......these people's bodies are shot...completely fukced.

Medical science hasn't caught up yet to mitigate the new cold for these fat fukcs like it has mitigated all the other shit that without medical science.....would've killed them a long time ago.

Here's a family friend who's in his early 40's in this pic. He can't walk halfway across the ice house to grab a minnow or a beer without sweating profusely and panting like he's dying. He's got his CPAP for his sleep apnea and has type two diabetes.....and we all predicted covid would kill him.

He got it and had minor symptoms. Never made a doctor's visit after testing positive. Said it wasn't as bad as a normal cold.

The people being hospitalized are in worse fukcing shape than he is or they're just complete pussies.

Take a look at him and let that sink in.
20201121_111012.jpg

The photo is altered....his shirt said, "You can't scare me---I have kids," and I photoshopped the K into an A and sent it out on a group text....everyone kept commenting about his shirt, which he wore again at deer opener, and he never got it.

correction: not edited version but I'm sure you guys can get the hilarity

Also FYI, the dude standing behind him is like 6'7" or 6'8" and 300lbs I'm guessing? Maybe 350lbs??
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:00 pm

cstemig wrote:This virus is not just about old people, they just die the most from it. Everyone is susceptible to it and can have various effects from it. There is still a lot of unknowns about it. The loss of life, no matter what age is a tragedy. Asking everyone to be considerate of others seems like such a small sacrifice.

The older generations have paid the price for years, dealing with the drug addictions ( Meth perhaps the worst of it) of the younger groups. The costs in terms of law enforcement, court costs, crime victim losses, hospitalizations without insurance, treatment facilities, welfare claims, etc that were economically devastating as well. Sure, they complained about the costs, but they tolerated the “self-imposed” drug victims of it. Now it’s their turn for consideration.

IMO, most Meth heads will never contribute or payback to a collective society what the took from it. Some exceptions noted. I speak from personal family and professional experience.

I would have to agree with you on meth heads.

Sorry for losing it and being disrespectful to you Chuck. You didn't deserve that. My apologies. I sincerely like you and have too much respect for you to allow myself to lose my cool and insult you or question your character in any manner....let alone the manner in which I did. This has happened a couple times now recently and I'm ashamed of myself for being so classless. I'm sorry...going to have slap myself the next time I start going down that road since you're a hell of a lot better than that, and I'd like to think I can handle myself with at least a moderate amount more class than that. Thank you again for responding in a manner that was more dignified than what I deserved.

Look, I'm telling you....there's nothing to be afraid of. If a normal cold hasn't hospitalized you in the past this new one won't either.

It's just a coronavirus....that's all it is. We know exactly what it's capable of. All it can do to you is the same as what other coronaviruses can do.

Ebola is Ebola, HIV is HIV, Hepatitis, Chicken Pox, Influenza, Herpes......

The flu isn't going to put a cold sore on your dick just like herpes isn't going to come around seasonally and make you throw up after going back and forth from a fever and the chills.

Coronavirus....whether the common cold, SARS-1, or SARS-2 also known as covid-19....they're all the same virus. They do mild variations of the same thing strain to strain like all viruses do.

Every now and then something is different and more potent enough with those variations to cause a pandemic. See "Spanish Flu" for an example.

Covid isn't the Spanish Flu. I don't think covid is even Swine Flu.

The media isn't going to report on how unhealthy these people being hospitalized are. These are people on or almost on their death beds. They wouldn't have several good years of quality life if they "survived" covid. Loss of life is sad but this isn't loss of life. The average age of those "dying" is above the average life expectancy. Their time was called. If it wasn't this it would've been the flu a few months later....or maybe next year....but almost certainly not the year after.

The others are a anamolies that amount to nothing more than false reporting. I can't remember if I posted this here or not but there was a 17yo high school dance chick....beautiful girl.....who the headline read "hospitalized from covid" or "ICU from covid." In one of the rare instances they reported the other stuff....she had a staph infection along with a UTI. I guarantee you she had a 104 degree fever from those occurring simultaneously and being ignored and was already on her way to the hospital one way or the other.

Could covid contributed to her poor condition?

Absolutely....it sure as shit didn't help it.

But labeling what happened to her as being "caused by covid" is pure and utter nonsense.

Had that girl been healthy and caught covid.....it would have done absolutely nothing to her.

Staph infections are serious if left untreated, and UTI's typically won't make the papers out of respect for the ill....I'm still shocked they listed it.....

....because it's totally acceptable to just report covid. Saying someone died of covid is accepted and respectful compared to saying they were 500lbs and had all kinds of shit wrong with them when covid hit.

That's what is happening here. It's quite literally just a cold.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:17 pm

Far as the capacity/staffing/etc. Did they cancel doing electives again or was that cancelled more for PPE shortages in the first wave? I was supposed to have something done they cancelled it this spring and have not willingly rescheduled to go into a place with a bunch of sick people. So not sure currently I guess. Just an awful lot of additional nurses/doctors/clinics out there that...ya maybe they aren't trained in that area as a specialty etc. But they are medical professionals and as such can do this work...and those clinics can house patients...ya maybe they don't have ventilators etc for icu I get that. I'm just curious if there are barriers to this because yes trying to keep cases down is the goal....but just doesn't seem like the the medical field is being utilized to the full extent? I'm genuinely curious as I'm not in healthcare and as an outsider just seems like there's a lot more capacity there if things wmreally were that dire

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:39 pm

I think one thing we can all damn sure agree on is that information on this has been incredibly hard to digest one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:00 pm

I think that's on purpose as the Democrats/Republicans are all on the same team and this is really an economic ploy and the democrat vs republican arguments are just s distraction...but that's going off on a whole nother tangent that many probably view as a crazy conspiracy theory

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:50 pm

Whole thing is just irritating honestly. Gfs dad tested positive today after having an outbreak at his work...and her mom is showing symptoms...after they came up to the house to drop some venison off last weekend, I wasn't home.

So neither of us are showing symptoms, outside the gf has a slight cough at night which isn't necessarily out of the ordinary...but technically that is a symptom.

So...now do we stay home from work, thanksgiving, etc since there was a close contact? Actually she called her work(works for a hospital system) and they said they classified all of their employees as essential even if you had close contact exposure and aren't showing symptoms you go to work lol...she is not in patient care but still apparently essential...there so much of this crap that doesn't even make sense lol..they are saying what like up to 50% of people under 40 are asymptomatic and have no idea they have it and they are the spreaders...well she fits into that with super close contact with a confirmed case and still tell her to go to work without even taking a test

Trying to see if she can go take a saliva test tomorrow, results take 24-48 hrs so hopefully we'd be clear by Thanksgiving. If not well probably not get together with anyone I'm not going to willingly spread it to people potentially

Just saw my neighbor for first time in a while he's like get this, my dad showed up to deer camp on opener not feeling well and tested positive that Sunday. He was irritated his dad showed up feeling sick. So the entire camp quarantined together for the entire deer season...he hunts up north so basically hunted all day everyday day for 2 weeks

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:54 pm

We have a family friend who works for the local hospital system. He had to get tested and his boss got it expedited and he had results in 30 minutes. I’m surprised your gf isn’t getting tested once or twice a week.

Wife and I both tested positive. Test was Monday morning. Didn’t get results until last night. Huge pain in the ass not knowing.

Even before this past week we have adopted the attitude of “whatever it takes to keep schools and businesses open” So yes, we wear our masks and have generally limited our socializing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:47 am

Felon: all your remarks are assumptions. you are an a$!.

you change the story to fit your agenda or whatever meth high you are on. i think you have some radical ideas and take on life, but i just told you....93% of the employees at our institution acquired covid from the community. 7% were acquired at work. now of that 7% almost all of it was from the breakroom and lunch room and locker rooms, where you have employees removing their mask to do tasks ,eating changing etc. rarely are employees getting it from caring for covid patients when wearing appropriate PPE.

not all icu beds can take care of covid patients. there 100's of reasons for an icu admission. you cant just disregard those issues. open heart surgery, trauma, strokes, mi's, broken bones, bowel obstructions, necrotizing fasciitis, cancer treatments, babies being born premature, the list goes on n on. also, you want to isolate the covid patients. you dont put covid pts on the same floor as a person who is immune suppressed.

get a clue wear your mask. if you can wear an n95.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:37 am

HnkrCrash wrote:Believe what you want about masks and if the clams surrounding them are true.

What can’t be disputed is that the hospitals are at or near capacity. The reduction in ICU beds may have something to do with staffing levels. A bed is just a bed without a skilled team to manage it. One of my best friend’s wives is back in the COVID unit at a local hospital. She’s working 16 hour days, six days per week and said she’s short staffed every shift. She said it’s a house of horrors inside those doors and they are drowning. You don’t wanna believe Walz, or Biden, or the CDC, good for you. Ask a nurse or doctor that’s working in these units to tell you about their days and the nightmare they are seeing unfold firsthand that’s literally getting worse by the day.

What still amazes me is the disconnect surrounding how one’s own “health” is somehow not dependent on that of others. You can be as selfish as you want about not taking care of anyone but yourself, but if all those others you don’t care about are filling up the hospitals (and they currently are), you are F’d at the point you may need that help for your own health.

I am on the same page as you with the ICU beds and workers.

But at what point is someone's health their responsibility? People who are high risk should be shouldering the burden of the costs of avoiding the virus. How many of the people in ICU who are also in a high risk group caught by going out and about but somehow it's not their fault, it's someone else's fault?

Like I have to completely dismantle my life at every level, even to the extent of not gathering with family - so that high risk people can live at the same level of "freedom" as me?

I am assuming most in ICU are in high risk category, they caught it somehow. Did they leave their house? Did they go out to eat? Did they go into the grocery store instead of picking up? When is it their fault???

Healthy people should help out, but not to the extent of closing their business when already operating under the existing covid guidelines.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”