Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Anyone ever move a boat lift?

Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:02 am

Any of you dipshits ever move a lift like 80 miles to a new lake?

What's the best plan?

I'm thinking its wider than a standard trailer, can I use a handy man jack and lift the front a little to raise the legs, jack up the back a little to raise the legs and repeat until it's high enough to back the trailer under? I say front/back a little at a time so it doesn't bind.......

I know it depends on trailer width and lift width but there must be a general way it's done?? Or do I have to take it apart? I know it's kinda wide (she said)

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Re: Anyone ever move a boat lift?

Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:03 am

You MF's know fowler would be able to answer this no problem.........

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:28 pm

The ones I have moved have been light enough to lift by hand with 4 guys but I would think the jacks would work. We strapped it down on a trailer like you mentioned. 80 miles is a long way to go. You better have lots of straps.

Don't forget to take the zebs off of it. Don't want to be that dumbass in the paper for transporting thousands of zebs down the highway.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:51 am

Snowmobile trailer with a buddy as,"pilot vehicle"

Drop the canopy frame over the certs.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:19 am

lanyard wrote:Snowmobile trailer with a buddy as,"pilot vehicle"

Drop the canopy frame over the certs.

I think this is what I'm going to end up doing.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:23 am

Rent a flat bed, don't leave prior to midnight on a weekday. If it falls off the trailer for any reason, under any circumstances.....

Just go man

Don't even think about stopping.

Boat lifts are the biggest pain in the ass to take in and out. A guy does ours for like $50.....dude's retarded. It's our boat lift and I wouldn't ever consider thinking about putting it out or pulling until someone's placed three benjamin's in my hand first. Fukc that shit

https://broadwayrental.com/product/flat ... eavy-duty/
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:38 am

Fish Felon wrote:Rent a flat bed, don't leave prior to midnight on a weekday. If it falls off the trailer for any reason, under any circumstances.....

Just go man

Don't even think about stopping.

Boat lifts are the biggest pain in the ass to take in and out. A guy does ours for like $50.....dude's retarded. It's our boat lift and I wouldn't ever consider thinking about putting it out or pulling until someone's placed three benjamin's in my hand first. Fukc that shit

https://broadwayrental.com/product/flat ... eavy-duty/

Part of me wants it do fall off so I can just keep driving......

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:28 pm

moved mine from alexandria to spooner wi. put it in a 12' long ferguson dump trailer. worked great. even put a 60' wooden dock in there as well with it. took a couple hours to load it all correctly.

our lake association does a dock in and dock out fundraiser each year. get 15 guys and took out 12 docks and 10 boat lifts a waterslide and a paddle boat in 3 hours. we charge 50/boat lift and $2/ foot of dock. we under charge big time so we may upping the price.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:37 pm

randywatson wrote:moved mine from alexandria to spooner wi. put it in a 12' long ferguson dump trailer. worked great. even put a 60' wooden dock in there as well with it. took a couple hours to load it all correctly.

our lake association does a dock in and dock out fundraiser each year. get 15 guys and took out 12 docks and 10 boat lifts a waterslide and a paddle boat in 3 hours. we charge 50/boat lift and $2/ foot of dock. we under charge big time so we may upping the price.

I'm guessing you took the lift apart and then put it in the dump trailer? that's impressive loading either way

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:20 pm

only took the canopy off.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”