h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Report: Frazier out as Vikings coach Monday

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:59 pm

December 29, 2013
By Mike Gallagher, BMTN

As we get underway from the Metrodome for the final game in the longtime Vikings stadium, word has come that the contest apparently means nothing for the future of head coach Leslie Frazier.

Per a report from Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, one of the most plugged in reporters in all of of football, Frazier will be dismissed as head coach following general manager Rick Spielman’s meeting with ownership Monday.

The news doesn’t come as a massive shock considering the amount of steam around Minnesota contacting college coaches and ownership allegedly telling people around the league they will move on without Frazier after the season.

Frazier is 20-32-1 as head coach of the Purple, and despite making the playoffs last year for the first time, a lackluster 2013 appears to have doomed him in Minnesota.

-------------

So do you think he deserves the chance to turn the team around for 1 more season? Or is it time for enough is enough and get a new coach?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Re: Report: Frazier out as Vikings coach Monday

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:34 pm

I think he deserves one more year, I think he has had Ponder shoved on him and when we get a QB first round (hopefully) that will bring some new life to this team because I didn't see many players playing with heart this year personally.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:11 pm

WCCO 10 pm news its official
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:41 am

I'm kinda in the middle on this and I can see both sides. I wouldn't be mad if they kept him around but there have a been few blunders this season.

Can't wait until Ponder and Chris Cook are off the team.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:32 am

Good riddens....he had about as much emotion as a friggen rock. The guy had no fire in him. I don't care if he had Ponder shoved on him...somebody could kill his first born and he would just stand there looking straight ahead.

Jsb
Coot Commander

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:08 am

Spielman should be out with him
Using Tapatalk

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:19 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Good riddens....he had about as much emotion as a friggen rock. The guy had no fire in him. I don't care if he had Ponder shoved on him...somebody could kill his first born and he would just stand there looking straight ahead.

The way I see it there are two types of coaches, the ones like Frazier who show no emotion, the other like the harbaughs and so on showing lots of emotions and fire.

Either way if you're not winning you look stupid, you would say the same thing if he had tons of fire on the field I'm assuming, while still losing games.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:30 am

Possibly but at least he would be acting like he cared. If a guy makes a major screw up or a ref makes a bad call he does absolutely nothing...how is that motivational to the team? They just pass it off like he does. Its like being a boss if your employees aren't at least a little scared of you they will walk all over you and not be afraid of mistakes. If the head coach don't care why would the players?

mulefarm
Coot Commander

Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:23 am

So you think Frazier doesn't care? You want him to berate a player in public and act like an idiot if a call doesn't go your way? Wow, how did Bud Grant ever last in the league?

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:26 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Possibly but at least he would be acting like he cared. If a guy makes a major screw up or a ref makes a bad call he does absolutely nothing...how is that motivational to the team? They just pass it off like he does. Its like being a boss if your employees aren't at least a little scared of you they will walk all over you and not be afraid of mistakes. If the head coach don't care why would the players?

Don't get me wrong I agree with you I was just throwing the other side out there, I think there should be a happy medium between the two. Couldn't give you even a clue at who that might be.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”