Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Can’t We Get Along?

Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Honestly I don’t understand why anyone under age 55 would have FB. I have fake one to troll hunting/fishing groups when I get bored as far as using it for actual social networking would be terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:22 pm

FB is what you make of it. I use it for extended family, a few old military friends, and some really good interest groups. If someone friends me and I look at their page and all they post is political memes I don't accept. I don't click on the stupid data collection puzzles like....if you can find the object that is different in the picture share it. The problem with FB and social media in general is that it takes your likes and tastes with more re-affirming stuff. It can identify gullible and stupid people via what they share. It's a death spiral into some really bizarre crap.

There are some really good groups out there such as WWII buffs, wilderness paddling, trapping, etc. Minnesota Trapping has been a wealth of info. Really good people that are willing to help newbies out....and there are a lot of them. No trolling and nothing political. Much different than hunting forums. Marketplace can be good too but it is getting harder to sort through the sponsored crap.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:32 am

FB is actually great for me. Fake name, fake location, not one" friend".

I have it strictly for being in groups and have learned a ton of info on stuff. Here are some groups I am in and how boring my life has become.
- bee keepers
- backyard apple growers
- fruit tree addicts
- discada cooking
- dutch oven cooking
- Mn trapping
- night vision

If you are getting into a hobby and have a question you can cut years off your learning curve.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:59 am

Stute Slap wrote:FB is actually great for me. Fake name, fake location, not one" friend".

I have it strictly for being in groups and have learned a ton of info on stuff. Here are some groups I am in and how boring my life has become.
- bee keepers
- backyard apple growers
- fruit tree addicts
- discada cooking
- dutch oven cooking
- Mn trapping
- night vision

If you are getting into a hobby and have a question you can cut years off your learning curve.

Yes. Totally agree.

Also, one thing I gotta say about fishing on there is, soooooo much kiss and tell.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:42 am

That's the biggest thing whenever I take the gf out I say do not fugging mention where we are at if you insist on posting pics...

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:46 am

Random thing kind of related I saw u guys would get a kick out of.

Some dude was saying on IG NOT geotagging is RACIST. Hahahaha you can’t make this shit up.

So, MLDS, YOU are RACIST.

snowsnblues
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:05 pm

For those saying we need a centrist middle ground party, what does that consist of? Policies, views, etc.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:20 pm

Lol racist. This world man

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Re: RE: Re: Can’t We Get Along?

Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:42 pm

snowsnblues wrote:For those saying we need a centrist middle ground party, what does that consist of? Policies, views, etc.
Some one that agrees with portions of each party. Some one who isnt balls deep in some corporations ass to get funding. Some one who isn't going to push for too much gun control but find ways to educate people about them since that is what lacking these days. Someone who doesnt get their supporters to raid a federal building because they lost.

I dont know just a normal fukin person who is smart enough to view both sides of an issue and not just jump one way on everything.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:27 am

snowsnblues wrote:For those saying we need a centrist middle ground party, what does that consist of? Policies, views, etc.

I hope it would be one of neutrality, where party lines are readily crossed when it is for the common good. A party that uses common sense, scientific facts, truths, and logic for the basis of their decisions and actions. A party that respects the views of others and appreciates differences and diversity.

A group with a moral compass and clear consciousness. That is a big wish list for any political party.

Policies need to be made by consensus, not strictly by following a party line. No one party is right all the time.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”