cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Craigslist Scammers

Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:15 am

Have you listed anything on Craigslist and been hit by scammers?

Don’t you just love their rehearsed scam that tries to extort money from you? A recent listing that I had was bombed with offers to pay me $50.00 more than my asking price if I would hold the items and provide them with my banking info so that they could deposit a money order in it. They would also arrange pick up of the item at a later date. My niece got hit with the same scam last fall

I replied to them, “ Nice scam attempt! An “A” for effort. Do not contact me again!” Silence ever since then from them.

Anyone else have the experience?
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Re: Craigslist Scammers

Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:29 am

I sell quite a bit of stuff....or should say "list" stuff quite a bit on C list. 90% is BS, but it's basically free so I still do it. You can typically spot a scammer a mile away, I think they prey on old people.
The other side of it are the people who aren't scammer but just idiots. Ask a million questions, call from two states away, offer a ridiculous price, etc.
I had a guy offer me like half of a Harley I sold on there once, and was yelling at me saying he really wanted a bike but couldn't afford one etc it was pretty funny.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:38 am

I tried selling my PS4 on CL. That was a nightmare. People looking to buy gaming systems on CL are the worst. I got scammers too. Some dude called me and asked me if I would donate it to a school along with all the games [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:29 am

You gotta troll the scammers. I have had some fun with them.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:10 pm

Nershi wrote:You gotta troll the scammers. I have had some fun with them.

Oh, do share your technique
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:34 pm

Gf had a guy ask if she'd cut the price in half cause he had to drive from fargo lol

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”