cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Any Wildlife Wood Projects?

Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:19 pm

Anyone putting together Woodie boxes, hen Mallard nesting platforms, Bluebird boxes etc?

So far, I’ve got 3-Woodie boxes, 3-squirrel boxes, 5-woodpecker boxes, and material for 10-Bluebird boxes. Most will be going up in a wooded area near the river that flows through the local neighborhood. Others will be donated to the local DNR office for dedicated birders.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: Any Wildlife Wood Projects?

Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:24 pm

No but I’ve got a purchase agreement signed on a country place that has a house, 2 sheds and sits on 20 acres with a slough out back. 15 acres is farm land that will some day be crp.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:07 pm

emptymag wrote:No but I’ve got a purchase agreement signed on a country place that has a house, 2 sheds and sits on 20 acres with a slough out back. 15 acres is farm land that will some day be crp.

Sounds like a slice of heaven.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:53 pm

cstemig wrote:Anyone putting together Woodie boxes, hen Mallard nesting platforms, Bluebird boxes etc?

So far, I’ve got 3-Woodie boxes, 3-squirrel boxes, 5-woodpecker boxes, and material for 10-Bluebird boxes. Most will be going up in a wooded area near the river that flows through the local neighborhood. Others will be donated to the local DNR office for dedicated birders.

Hey Chuck are you still releasing/feeding pheasants at your place?

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:47 pm

Yes, I am. Still having good success with them. A lot migrate to the local DNR land and provide hunting opportunities. Most private land here is posted, except for coyote hunting.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:12 am

Nice. Someday I'll buy a place with some property where I can manage some wildlife.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:16 am

cstemig wrote:Yes, I am. Still having good success with them. A lot migrate to the local DNR land and provide hunting opportunities. Most private land here is posted, except for coyote hunting.

How many pheasants do you raise a year? I prolly have enough projects going already but I think about it sometimes

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:18 am

Hansen wrote:Nice. Someday I'll buy a place with some property where I can manage some wildlife.

https://www.whitetailproperties.com/hun ... tom-region

Let's go halfsies?

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:46 pm

Stute Slap wrote:
Hansen wrote:Nice. Someday I'll buy a place with some property where I can manage some wildlife.

https://www.whitetailproperties.com/hun ... tom-region

Let's go halfsies?

I've see that before. You could make that a really fun place to hunt with moist soil plant management and flooding jap millet. It would freeze out early is the main draw back.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”