Good luck mange!
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Life Changes

Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:52 pm

I hope it sells!

Chitty timing listing it. The real estate market is coming to a screeching halt. Amazing what a few months and a few rate hikes can do.

We did a 5 year balloon on our cabin. It didn't qualify for a traditional mortgage due to the property characteristics. We should be ready to roll it in to a traditional by next summer after an addition and couple upgrades. With interest rates on their current trend, we'll probably be sticking with our balloon rate until the 5 year is up. Never would have guessed that when we were closing on it.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:24 pm

They love it and gave me an offer this morning of 325...said that's too low they asked 330, their max approval is 340 they said. 365 was my asking...since I have no realtor fees was willing to go 350-355

I'm just torn if it's softened that much or if I can get higher.

I need to sweet talk my sister and see if she'll give me some advice. Because if she goes ya it's softened I think you'd be lucky to get 350 if I listed it...it's a no brainer to sell to them at 330 or maybe could even get them up slightly. Cause with 20-25k in realtor fees I'm down at that level anyways

Ya timing is bad rates the same they were months ago but everyone freaked out now...I guess months of media talking about recession etc when it's a fake man made dip to buy for the institutional traders really scared the shiz outta people.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:27 pm

Talked with my sis...she thinks I'm fairly accurate with everything.

So if I can get them up to their max of 340k...that's basically a 365 sale with a realtor I think I'd probably hit it

You miss out on the potential of a sale over 365...which I think is kinda slim...but you also get rid of the risk of my sister getting under 365k.... maybe even significantly under

It's not quite what I hoped for but I think 340 k is a good deal for both. Well see what they say.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:00 pm

I told them final offer 345 and they didn't even try to come up to their max at 340...which I would have taken. Meeting my sister out there tomorrow morning f it

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:07 am

Good luck!

Come on up to Bemidji for the fall, rent a nice VRBO and I’ll give you a map of all my hunting spots if you do my home improvement projects! lol

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:00 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:I told them final offer 345 and they didn't even try to come up to their max at 340...which I would have taken. Meeting my sister out there tomorrow morning f it

Curious why didn’t you tell them final offer at their max of 340k? Final is supposed to be final, right? I wonder if that was the deal breaker.

Did you ever try the Facebook listing or would that have been too weird with the sister?

Anyhow good luck on the sale.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:46 pm

Thanks..I just got the feeling they wouldn't budge off 330 no matter what. It had to be something with their financing. They went 325 to 330 to 330 and them paying closing.buysrs typically pay closing lol. I just got the feeling they were unable to come up higher...

I came down from 365 to 345 and they didn't reciprocate stepping up to bat. They raised 5k.

They acted like they really loved it and wanted it. I mean they had me an offer in 12 hrs. I just think monetarily they couldn't do it. And I really tried to make a deal.

It's definitely a roll of the dice...but like my sis said there's zero inventory in this area. And judging by my Zillow traffic...I had 630 views in 2 weeks before I took it down tonight...which is a lot looking at other listings. I think there's a lot of interest in this property and if it gets in front of the right buyers...aka MLS...who knows what happens.

As long as she can sell it 345k plus I'm fine with the profit margin I calculated months ago at the onset of this whole thing.

So I guess I was basically ok risking 10 k to make 10k extra.

And if she ends up getting basically the same deal I coulda got with these people? At least my sis is making money too...not that she needs it she sold 25 mil of real estate last year lol

I do feel bad...I know these people loved the house and I tried to make it work. She was so giddy. I just wasn't comfortable with it. They were getting a house significantly under market value and I was potentially short selling myself.

Well see...maybe I shoot myself in the foot. It's life I guess. But I am working with my sister. I'm sure if she doesn't get a fair deal she'd tell me to go ahead and contact these people see what I can work out with them. Give her $1000 for her trouble and be on my way

Well see.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:48 pm

Quack wrote:Good luck!

Come on up to Bemidji for the fall, rent a nice VRBO and I’ll give you a map of all my hunting spots if you do my home improvement projects! lol

I could have the best hunting spots in the world and not hit a thing lol. Unfair trade :D

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:51 pm

I just really feel given there's no inventory...the beautiful lot for a development... proximity to the school... everything brand new and the traffic it's gotten. It may even surprise my sister. She pointed out a few negatives but she's used to dealing with people in the cities. This is Isanti lol

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”