Mergie Marauder

Re: Swans

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:17 pm

Swans breed in the deep souf?

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Swans

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:31 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Swans breed in the deep souf?
All the way into Iowa. We even got breeding Sandhills in the MN river valley over my way.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:57 am

Iowa is the deep souf?

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:18 am

Nershi wrote:Iowa is the deep souf?
Well according to maple Glenwood and sunberg are so I guess Iowa would be also.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:58 am

Was actually referring to Fowler but realize he was referencing a DD post about ducks not swans...my bad

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:19 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Was actually referring to Fowler but realize he was referencing a DD post about ducks not swans...my bad
Ha ha (points at you)

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:33 am

Every pond in Iowa has swans. For some reason their DNR went apeshit with reintroducing them everywhere.

There's a pair on the lake I'm on. They took up shop in the small marshy/rice bay and pushed everything else out and didn't even nest. On top of that, and this is no joke, they swim a lap every evening right at sundown. They stay just a little out past everyone's docks and trumpet blare....will not shut the fukc up. I'm still not used to it. I'll hear it from out the window or not on the lake side of the property and it'll take me a second to realize what that loud and obnoxious ugly sounding bullshit is.

I've already made my mind up to shoot them....as soon as possible. I'm thinking middle of the night when they're sleeping in the back bay, 7.5 target loads aren't that loud, we have 4th of July weekend coming up fast so people will think it's just fireworks, and that's if they hear it at all since I'm going to do it at like 3-3:30am. Then I'll shove the fukcers under the bog with the non working end of a push pole....

....and that will be the end of that.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:55 am

I just watched a swan chase a goose across the lake and beat the shit out of it. I thought it killed the goose....kept trying to drown it. The goose was floating like a goose does in the decoys when shot over water, but then it lifted it's head up and flew away from the Swan....the swan chased it a ways but couldn't catch it and then broke formation and circled back.

Remember the end of Rambo Part II when Stallone is flying the Huey Helicopter and the giant azz Russian mega super copter rises above the tree line and starts chasing him?

That's what it looked like watching the swan chase the goose.

I've never seen them fly with one after the other right on it's tail.....the swan absolutely dwarfed the goose. I've never felt so bad for a goose.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:44 pm

I was told by an old lady one time she saw a swan beat a goose to death so I should be careful on that pond. I do believe her.

Swans ain't fukin with me tho. They recognize a real killer when one comes around.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:59 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Every pond in Iowa has swans. For some reason their DNR went apeshit with reintroducing them everywhere.

There's a pair on the lake I'm on. They took up shop in the small marshy/rice bay and pushed everything else out and didn't even nest. On top of that, and this is no joke, they swim a lap every evening right at sundown. They stay just a little out past everyone's docks and trumpet blare....will not shut the fukc up. I'm still not used to it. I'll hear it from out the window or not on the lake side of the property and it'll take me a second to realize what that loud and obnoxious ugly sounding bullshit is.

I've already made my mind up to shoot them....as soon as possible. I'm thinking middle of the night when they're sleeping in the back bay, 7.5 target loads aren't that loud, we have 4th of July weekend coming up fast so people will think it's just fireworks, and that's if they hear it at all since I'm going to do it at like 3-3:30am. Then I'll shove the fukcers under the bog with the non working end of a push pole....

....and that will be the end of that.

Take out a few loons for me while you're at it!
Dominate The Skies.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”