Will you be going hunting for Teal during the special season?

Hell yeah!
36%
Perhaps.
36%
I don't think so.
18%
Fukc No!
9%

Total votes: 11
emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: So will you be going hunting during the Teal season?

Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:19 pm

I was all on board for a early teal season a few years ago.

Not so much now.

I’d take 2 bonus teal on top of the standard 6 bird limit for the first week or two of the season.

Stupid part of this new teal season is you can’t legally shoot till sunrise not 30min before…
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:46 pm

emptymag wrote:I was all on board for a early teal season a few years ago.

Not so much now.

I’d take 2 bonus teal on top of the standard 6 bird limit for the first week or two of the season.

Stupid part of this new teal season is you can’t legally shoot till sunrise not 30min before…

Agreed. People who are gonna shoot wood ducks are gonna do it whether it’s sunrise or 30 min before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:34 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Same reason they closed early august goose. Not enough interest.

Erroneous.

They stopped it because they couldn’t prove increased harvest of local geese- essentially the same number were getting shot, just over 6 weeks instead of 4. And the MWA Bluehairs hated it. Thus they couldn’t justify continuing something controversial.

Teal season will get canceled if MN hunters truly are dumber than WI, IA, and MI hunters. Or if the population tanks due to this drought.

I’m not sure but I’ll bet the southern rednecks got to keep their teal season during the 80s drought so I doubt the Feds will close it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:16 am

Participation levels should not be a reason to keep a teal season or not. It is a season to allow hunters to shoot early migrants that will mostly be gone by opener. If the population can handle it, they should allow it. There are lots of hunting and fishing seasons with low participation that have been going on for decades.

I don’t doubt the dnr would use that as one of the excuses if they decide to close it but the real reason will be the same reason it took us so long to get it.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

So will you be going hunting during the Teal season?

Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:28 am

Nershi wrote:Participation levels should not be a reason to keep a teal season or not. It is a season to allow hunters to shoot early migrants that will mostly be gone by opener. If the population can handle it, they should allow it. There are lots of hunting and fishing seasons with low participation that have been going on for decades.

I don’t doubt the dnr would use that as one of the excuses if they decide to close it but the real reason will be the same reason it took us so long to get it.

Yes. I agree.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:06 am

Heck ya. Can’t wait. Teal are my favorite eating duck.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:22 am

Quack wrote:[quote="Drunk_Dynasty"]Same reason they closed early august goose. Not enough interest.

Erroneous.

They stopped it because they couldn’t prove increased harvest of local geese- essentially the same number were getting shot, just over 6 weeks instead of 4. And the MWA Bluehairs hated it. Thus they couldn’t justify continuing something controversial.

Teal season will get canceled if MN hunters truly are dumber than WI, IA, and MI hunters. Or if the population tanks due to this drought.

I’m not sure but I’ll bet the southern rednecks got to keep their teal season during the 80s drought so I doubt the Feds will close it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

The august season was controversial? I don’t remember that at all.

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: So will you be going hunting during the Teal season?

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:01 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:[quote="Quack"][quote="Drunk_Dynasty"]Same reason they closed early august goose. Not enough interest.

Erroneous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

The august season was controversial? I don’t remember that at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/quote]"how long did it take them to walk into the decoys" ... "Did they walk in or run in"... "How long did it take to pluck the down off"

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:28 am

I don’t remember any of that but I’m not active on FB and I never heard anybody in person tell me they were against it, but that’s just my experience. Never heard of anyone being opposed to less Canada geese really. Probably the easiest species to expanded season/limits for tbh.

I did see on FB dudes crying about egg oiling in city parks and I about spit my drank all over the monitor it was funny.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:33 pm

So where's all the reports?

I didn't go today but went and got the blind ready and threw some decoys out. Don't have very high hopes but may go out in the morning and give it a whirl get thdog some exercise anyway

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”