Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Elon Musk & Twitter

Mon May 02, 2022 12:40 pm

One side is trying to stop tech companies from censoring things like the legitimately questionable results of the presidential election, deleting anything related to Hunter Biden's laptop since it's a "Russian Subversive Election Hack," and censoring I dunno....the freaking president of this country from speaking directly to his constituents that he's working on behalf of.....

The other side is for all that bullshit, and you seem to very much be on that side DD.

Regulating big tech companies to allow free speech is technically deregulation in my opinion.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 02, 2022 1:09 pm

Liberals want to regulate big tech so they can get even more control. Conservatives want to regulate big tech to promote our first amendment. Liberals like DD can't see those kind of differences. And CNN won't spell that out for them.

Liberals love censorship. When they can't censor it they try to cancel it. They are already trying to do both in the wake of twitter promoting first amendment rights.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 02, 2022 2:00 pm

Fish Felon wrote:One side is trying to stop tech companies from censoring things like the legitimately questionable results of the presidential election, deleting anything related to Hunter Biden's laptop since it's a "Russian Subversive Election Hack," and censoring I dunno....the freaking president of this country from speaking directly to his constituents that he's working on behalf of.....

The other side is for all that bullshit, and you seem to very much be on that side DD.

Regulating big tech companies to allow free speech is technically deregulation in my opinion.

Deregulation that requires more laws? Ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 02, 2022 2:01 pm

Nershi wrote:Liberals want to regulate big tech so they can get even more control. Conservatives want to regulate big tech to promote our first amendment. Liberals like DD can't see those kind of differences. And CNN won't spell that out for them.

Liberals love censorship. When they can't censor it they try to cancel it. They are already trying to do both in the wake of twitter promoting first amendment rights.

It’s honestly adorable you think one side is more righteous than the other.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 02, 2022 3:42 pm

7830624B-54E8-4EEE-A810-A84CCD2EFB62.jpeg
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 02, 2022 6:09 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:It’s honestly adorable you think one side is more righteous than the other.

Righteous? Who said anything about that?

One side wants to limit free speech more than the other with censorship. One side wants to limit our right to bear arms. I guess the 1st and 2nd amendment are kind of important to me.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 02, 2022 11:50 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:One side is trying to stop tech companies from censoring things like the legitimately questionable results of the presidential election, deleting anything related to Hunter Biden's laptop since it's a "Russian Subversive Election Hack," and censoring I dunno....the freaking president of this country from speaking directly to his constituents that he's working on behalf of.....

Yup......I get it.....this one is confusing because it's new.....and the public town square has shifted to becoming a privately owned website.....but yes, prior to a billionaire free speech absolutist buying Twitter.....

Wait, there aren't going to be anymore laws because luckily a billionaire who is a free speech absolutist jumped in and bought Twitter.

So you were fine when a privately owned company censored the shit out of anything that didn't back tbe liberal agenda....

....but now you have a problem with the same privately owned company not censoring anything?

Makes total sense.....you're definitely not being swayed by one side of this debate at all.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 02, 2022 11:55 pm

Liberal media bias that exists in DD's head:

Prior to Musk jumping in:

"Liberal owned and operated Twitter = it's a private company = they can run it however and censor whatever"

Now it's:

"Elon Musk buys Twitter = Republicans are trying to regulate tech companies"

Funny how easily they shift the narrative.

On everything.....EXCEPT for [soon to be] Twitter.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 03, 2022 6:54 am

Fish Felon wrote:[quote="Drunk_Dynasty"][quote="Fish Felon"]One side is trying to stop tech companies from censoring things like the legitimately questionable results of the presidential election, deleting anything related to Hunter Biden's laptop since it's a "Russian Subversive Election Hack," and censoring I dunno....the freaking president of this country from speaking directly to his constituents that he's working on behalf of.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/quote]
Yup......I get it.....this one is confusing because it's new.....and the public town square has shifted to becoming a privately owned website.....but yes, prior to a billionaire free speech absolutist buying Twitter.....

Wait, there aren't going to be anymore laws because luckily a billionaire who is a free speech absolutist jumped in and bought Twitter.

So you were fine when a privately owned company censored the shit out of anything that didn't back tbe liberal agenda....

....but now you have a problem with the same privately owned company not censoring anything?

Makes total sense.....you're definitely not being swayed by one side of this debate at all.[/quote]
No, I don’t have a problem Elon doing whatever he wants. It’s his company now, well technically not yet but it’s looking like a done deal.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed May 04, 2022 10:42 am

Musk is fukcing awesome.....

Screensho.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”