Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: 2022 Vikings

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:48 am

Suspect at best.

JJ is legit but the O-Line has to hold up and give Cousins time to throw in order for him to be a game-changer........
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:42 pm

Suspect is a bit generous now that I think about it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:12 am

After the Cowboys game, the Vikings became the first 8-2 team to have a negative point differential....

Decent win vs the Pats, but 2 things saved them: kick off return for touchdown and Wright the punter's most excellent flop when he was contacted on the extension. JJ's great catches don't add up to enough yards to make up for those two game changers.

Don't get me wrong, we aren't winning a playoff game without special teams and/or defensive touchdowns (a la Buffalo), but the winning ways aren't due to some great offensive architecture. The announcers didn't address, but I'm pretty certain the fans in the stands were booing after a couple of 3 and +10 plays that were throwing the ball at half the distance or less to a first down.... "best receiving crew in the NFL" and we're dropping screens on 3 and 14. THAT'S the Minnesota way.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:24 pm

That is the Minnesota way....but it seems to be happening more in the NFL than normal. The Colts game from a week ago....Matty Ice threw it to a dude for two yards when it was third or fourth down and a mile, game clock going to zero, and the guy promptly goes out of bounds.

Cousins is bad when it comes to being a stat padder. He's gotten better at it but he still is far too concerned with throwing picks. Last year he threw a ball into the dirt in front of the goal line with time expiring, which is still the most gutless, stat-padding bullshit I've ever seen a QB do. Give your receivers a chance....even if you think it's a 1% chance of being caught versus a 99% chance of being intercepted?

It's still better odds than throwing it in the dirt which gives you a 0% chance.

Jefferson, Thielen, and Hock-Dawg....our backs can catch unlike AP.....throw the freaking ball up while taking a sack in a game like against Dallas.....when you're already getting your ass beat...who cares? Worse that can happen is you continue to get your ass beat....upside is 18 or 19 making an unbelievable catch, changing the momentum, a scoring drive, and getting your ass back into the game.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:48 pm

Got a bad feeling about this Jets game.....Jets are better than the Patriots and the Vikes needed several fortuitous things to bounce their way to barely beat the Pats
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:25 pm

So far so good…..

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:20 pm

Yet another example of us not winning so much as the other team not being able to beat us... it's like the offense gets a brain cramp if their lead is too big and has to go multiple 3 and Outs.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:08 am

I’m really getting suck of our pass rush getting so little pressure.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:39 pm

Super Bowl, homeboi!!

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:59 pm

lanyard wrote:Yet another example of us not winning so much as the other team not being able to beat us... it's like the offense gets a brain cramp if their lead is too big and has to go multiple 3 and Outs.

Third quarter has been awful. Give them a big lead and the ball after half and you can about guarantee they're going to go three and out the next four or so series while the defense let's the other team catch up.

This team has all the makings of a Vikings special.....bye, home field win against a mediocre team, followed by getting throttled in the NFC championship game.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”