Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: 2022 Vikings

Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:54 pm

Kirk ain’t that guy. There only a few QBs who could have escaped that pocket, in my opinion at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:23 pm

This was the pressure a 4 man Rush generated against the Vikings on the last play…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:07 pm

Fish Felon wrote: …finish the season 11-1 in one score games.

Nailed it. True vikes style.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:11 pm

For the record, us losing isn't Cousin's fault. The 3 yard pass on 4th and 8th is just the true nature of the team and when faced with the reality of playoffs and the intensity, stress causes reversion to that nature. The bold, risk taking, convert 3rd and 4th downs all day long team was great when it was scraping out wins over the season, but really, with the exception of a fluke ass play against the Bills, they lost or split with middling teams: Green Bay, Detroit specifically, and got their ass kicked by Eagles and Dallas. It was truly fun to watch. Fun to see Cousins be a different better quarterback, when dude was on and confident, throwing darts and not choking on his own gray matter, it was awesome.

But in the end, sorry boys. Law of large numbers and history is on my side. To break that model, the Vikes need a different attitude and a different era.

And I'll state right now: it doesn't happen until Bud Grant gets told to stay the hell out of the stadium, off the field, and away from the office. I'm afraid, even if he dies, his spirit will live on. The curse has never left the building.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:10 am

Hindsight is 20/20.....not very impressed with Cousins's split second decision making ability on that last play....BUT....

He had to get rid of the ball when he did since he was about to get sacked. He had to throw to his right since the pass rusher was coming from left, left center....which limited his options to a short throw to Hockenson and hope the big athletic tight end could get the other four yards needed for a first down. I feel like Travis Kelce would've made a dude juke and miss and then dragged two more defenders with him to get the first down at least four out of five times. I also originally was going to go with the possibility of Cousins tucking and running and then lateral it back to whomever on his way down once he was wrapped up but that's a moot point since it was still a better idea for Hockenson to do that after the short pass. That's what Kelce would've done but he and Mahomes get how to play sandlot pigskin, as well as having the awareness that on that play....the one where your season is over if you don't convert? All the shit that normally applies about "taking care of the football," "turnovers," "ball control," etc., that have been grilled into every football player starting at pee-wees.....no longer matter.

If you're going to lose you might as well lose with style.....whoever has the ball in their hands and goes down before the first down marker should get a free nut shot from the rest of the team as they enter the locker room. Cough that fukcer straight up and don't give a fukc when their defense runs it back for six and seals the game.....because who the hell knows....even a short fumble when there's none of your guys near by at least has the chance of a scrum, it popping loose, one of your guys picking it up and finding enough open field for the first down.....or maybe he's fukced too and is brought down by two defenders instantly.....then he gets the chance to drop the hot potato.

How in the **** do these guys not know that doing anything with the ball is preferable to going to the turf in a traditional end of the down.....J get the name of the game has been for that for like 99.2% of the previous plays over the course of the season, but how do they not get that they should keep the ball alive doing anything....fumbling it, backwards pass, lateral....hell, cousins would've been better throwing it straight up underhand as high as he could before getting leveled....scratch that.....a dear God what is wrong with me? How have i become someone that sounds like a Kirk Cousins apologist?

He made what I believe was probably the best play he could make.....he was getting leveled and had a split second to do something prior to that....not being able to throw it acros basically 120 degrees of 180....he saw Hockenson, was able to make a completion to him, and then fuggit.....the game is now on Hockenson. If he can't make a play from where he is to get the first down then why the fukc was he there when he could've been blocking and buying more time for Cousins to find a receiver downfield to get the first down.

Our O-line was more to blame for the play than anyone, but I blame Hockenson more than Cousins.....Kirk completed the ball to him.....it's unfair to expect Kirk to make a different play when he's about to get leveled yet give Hockenson a free pass to have the ball in his hands when defenders are taking him down. Kirk knew to get the ball out because a sack gives them 0% chance....why didn't Hockenson cough the ball up knowing getting tackled before the first down marker gives them 0% chance? If you don't think you can get the first down then do something with the ball other than hang onto it.....it's fukcing retarded.....cough that motherfukcer up in as weird a way as possible to give as many of your guys a chance to get back to it. Fugggg....it's not that hard to have the ball "squirt forward" when being tackled so it appears like a legit fumble.....if you're swinging your arms while trying to churn forward and it happens to fly forward after losing contact with your forearm where you were "trying really hard to securely tuck it," then it's a fumble and not a pass or anything else.....get fukcing creative and get rid of the ball before you're ruled down and you're season is fukced.

Bottom line.....a game like that should never end with the other team in victory formation for the last minute and a half as your fans are forced to watch in agony knowing there's nothing they can do. That's the lamest worst way to lose there is.....it's fukcing stupid. Even if someone coughs it up into the other team's arms for an easy six the other way at least you can answer, "I still feel a lot better about it than being tackled cleanly short of the first down marker," when all the snide reporters keep asking dickhead redundant questions about it in the post game presser.

Ending the season the way they did is both predictable (thanks for the recognition Nershi) and also sort of like hopping on the back of a mortally wounded deer that's still very alive after a poorly placed shot was just a hair too far back and then slitting it's throat or stabbing it in the side a couple times to slowly watch it bleed out......versus just shooting the fukcer in the head and being done with anything that'll stir your emotions in the wrong way.......like being forced to process the season being over when witnessing football limbo of the victory formation after your team turned it over on downs.

Fukcing pathetic. Turn it over however the fukc you feel like on that last play and I'd be fine.......any turnover EXCEPT turnover on downs.

Turnover on downs = giving up = QUITTING

They fukcing quit. The only clean play they could possibly make was a four yard pass when they needed eight......

.....so don't fukcing run a clean play! Dirty that fukcer up as sloppy as possible and see what can happen......the sloppier the better....hold the ball out horizontally with your arm as far straight out from you body as possible.....hell, tuck the ball under your junk and shimmy backwards with it as fast as you can and make sure to "lay your egg" on the turf as soon as the first defender touches you.

Live ball guys....live ball....that means all you have to do is drop the fukcer before going to the turf.....because a live ball means you're still alive....as soon as the refs whistle the play dead? Your season is dead.....so live ball guys.....live ball.....no cares how comical it'll end up looking as long as you don't do something as insanely stupid as purposely make it a dead ball when it ends your season.

Imbeciles in purple pants are the last morons to ever make it to the big dance.

Oh well, still the most entertaining and fun season as I've maybe ever seen. '98 and '09 are hard to beat, but this was for sure better than 2017 to me. The loveable losers....the big boy football version of the bad news bears....the 2022 MN Vikings.

This team is going to suck next year with how porous our O-Line is, our defense sucking from front to secondary.....going to be a lot of cap casualties and we're thin AF to begin with.....maybe the Kwesi can actually draft some rookies that'll do something crazy like being able to come in and play football? That'd be great....drafting four or five dudes who can start and/or play meaningful real, actual game-time minutes.....sort of like how other GM's are able to pick guys for their football team who end playing football on their team. Instead of doing it the MN way where they draft guys who aren't capable of playing football minus going 50/50 on their first and second rounders.

There's seven fukcing rounds of the NFL draft and Spielman typically had at least ten picks every year......

....so how in the fukc can our team be so thin on talent besides extremely old veteran players? The only guy who's both young, good, and was drafted by us is Jefferson. Everyone else either is old enough to have already peaked and are on the downward side of their career, or they arrived via free agency or a trade. Seriously. There's like three guys on the team that were drafted by us who have made meaningful significant contributions and are young enough to have reasonable expectations of them improving and becoming better players than they currently are. The cupboards are that bare.

Next year's team is going to suck, but then again so did this year's team......second...SECOND.....I.E. only one team gave up more yards than our defense this year did.....that's not bad that's Horrendous.....negative point differential.....blah blah blah blah.....this team was awful, but they had grit, and they had heart, and they made big plays when they absolutely needed to in uncanny fashion, and they never gave up.......except for the last fukcing play of the season.....not sure why they decided to give up then instead of not giving up when they'd pulled like umpteen rabbits out of their ass over the course of the season but whatever......still loved this team and will always remember this season more than I probably will any other. I had the perfect chick to watch it with and I just fukced the all up, but I'll never forget this magical season for a lot of reasons but mainly because of her.

I'll even soften my cold dead baboon heart to allow myself to say the gayest, lamest, dumbest team chant ever......

SKOL Vikes.......

skoL Vikes
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”