Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Mosquitoes

Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:36 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
Nershi wrote:Mosquitos are bad. As much as I hate doing it, I might have the yard sprayed this year. Makes a huge difference and totally worth it on the years they are bad.

How about the tree pollen this year. We’ve had several days it looks like it’s snowing out. Stuff is getting in and on everything.

Pro stuff, if you want a project
Screenshot_20220613-192527.png

Is dat da good chit?

My neighbor has been spraying my lawn but it hasn’t done much. No idea what he uses for chemical but if that stuff you posted is supposed to be good maybe I’ll buy him a jug.

I’m about ready to call in the pros.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:16 pm

My buddy says it's what the pros use and works great...I'm close enough to the city I don't have too much problem but was gonna get a gallon and spray at the cabin for my Dad

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:31 pm

I think you can use Permethrin (get the concentrate in the equine section of the fleet farm type store) on your lawn and do a number on the skeeters (and everything else) but I haven’t tried

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:29 pm

My buddy did mosquito control out of the West Metro for a couple of summers a number of years ago.....I asked his opinion on the small very temporary wetland in the woods just across the property line as the source of the mosquitos in our vicinity and he was like,
"Thats where at least 95% are coming from, and I'd bet it's North of 99%."

Little depressions in the wood that get wet, go dry, and get wet again are mosquito factories. Wetlands will generate them but there's something about the ones where they can lay eggs, go dry, and then the eggs hatch when they get wet again that make them extremely prolific. Basically, there's a jungle-like Panama-esque Malaria factory type of mosquito wetland directly across the property line.

Screenshot_20220616-122801_Gallery.jpg

These arrived from Amazon a couple weeks ago.....I chucked an entire half of the order into the wetland, and it's made a big difference. There are still some mosquitos but nowhere near as bad as a week ago. The floating donut pucks are supposed to last a month and treat a much bigger area, but fuggit.....better to go overkill than under kill, amiright or amiriiiiiight?

I'll dump the rest of them a week before the 4th.

Screenshot_20220616-122755_Gallery.jpg

FYI due to metro mosquito control.....without them.....for every mosquito in the metro there'd be five if they weren't actively spraying shit and dumping pucks into wetlands.

Screenshot_20220616-122749_Gallery.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:36 pm

Ya I guess any wetland that doesn’t have minnows or any kind of predator of mosquito larvae are the worst factories die mosquitos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:05 pm

Dad's gf bought some of those to throw in the lowland we didn't fill in around the cabin

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:20 pm

Nershi wrote:Mosquitos are bad. As much as I hate doing it, I might have the yard sprayed this year. Makes a huge difference and totally worth it on the years they are bad.

How about the tree pollen this year. We’ve had several days it looks like it’s snowing out. Stuff is getting in and on everything.

Based on my experience last weekend- yours are also bigger than everyone else's. Your mosquito biomass is effing proportional to gas prices.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:23 pm

Just purchased a backpack sprayer and some talstar p. The war starts in 3 days.

bigdog
Coot Commander

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:29 pm

Neighbor has a place on Leech and said skeeters were terrible this year, completely covered window screens. He bought a Stihl backpack sprayer and loaded it with Talstar, said it wiped out the skeeters.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:20 pm

Assuming this year’s skeeter abundance is because there was a boatload of eggs that didn’t hatch last year because there was no rain?

Or if there was no skeeters to lay more eggs last year then maybe the question doesn’t work.

Was this covered on the first page?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”