Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Questions to ask a dog breeder.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:42 pm

I agree there needs to discipline enforced to establish dominance. I think it varies a lot tho. I’ve seen bigger reactions from Brittany spaniels by being yelled at than a chessie I once saw get clubbed in the head with a gun barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:39 pm

Any updates on your puppy research?

I’m curious about your experience with Gordon setters. I’ve always wanted one just because they’re so beautiful but in my research it seemed like no one was willing to say any setter would be a reliable retriever and I need a dog that retrieves what is shot.

Now that I have that, we may get a setter of some kind in a few years

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:23 pm

No real updates. I keep saying procrastinating it. I shouldn’t be tho cause I’d like to have the puppy months during the winter when I’m working from home some days.

Kinda leaning lab at this point still but man I really love springers still. I come from a long line of springer owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:28 pm

It’s a big commitment. I procrastinated about 2 years before pulling the trigger.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:35 pm

It is.

I guess it's probably like kids. I always saw myself marrying and having kids and now the gf and I think about it and we're like...do we really want kids?

Wasn't 100% sure I wanted a dog yet either but after having him wouldn't change it for anything. He influences our plans at times...but he's a lot of fun and a great companion even though he's a pita at times.

I assume most feel the same about kids

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”