maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Fall 2022

Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:51 pm

Nice! I must be hunting pretty hard hit areas cause we only flushed two roosters and the one got up a ways out no shot. He flushed a bunch of hens steps from me so don't think it's him but who knows. Could be, or maybe I just suck at directing him to proper cover. I've never been much of a pheasant hunter. It's fun watching him though even if he's on hens that's fun enough for me

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:41 am

One guy and one dog is never easy. Lots of areas are pretty hard hit by this time of year too like you said. I had only seen a handful of birds until the last spot. I kicked about 30 birds out of a corner then chased them around until LST ended. Got one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:08 pm

Smoked one today but it was getting late and it landed in the thickest cattails out there dog could barely get through. Looked for 20 min and we had to hit the road

Which then got me my first moving violation ever...66 in a 55. I swore the speed limit was 60 there but speeding is speeding. Completely clean record really thought I'd get off with a warning...this guy was dead set on giving me one right away and I'm fine with that I broke the law

The part that pissed me off was he asks for license...give it to him. Insurance? I go in the glove box. Instantaneously he goes ok, I'm gonna go back to my car grab that insurance and stay in the vehicle.

Comes back and goes here's your ticket, oh I see you have insurance I put a written warning on there for no proof of insurance but I'll fix that on my end.

Like wtf? You just automatically put that on the ticket without me even having an opportunity to show you the insurance? You literally said I'm going to my car grab it while I'm gone

That pissed me off.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:02 pm

Pheasants need fields for nesting and raising young......but they winter in trees a lot of the time. One guy and one dog.....I try to hit small postage stamp areas as it is. Small stuff that's a half acre to couple acres in size. Old farm sites and tree groves are awesome this time of year, plus you can walk them in ten minutes and if there's birds there? You know it by putting them. A lot of pheasant hunters think you need to walk stuff that's a quarter section and a sea of grass. Granted, that is a lot of the cover and you will put up and shoot birds there, especially early in the season, but they can run all over one guy and a dog. If it isn't some thick shit with cattails on at least a portion of it? Probably not going to get much out of it this time of year. Trees and thick shit....smaller the better....get in and out...they're either there or they're not.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:23 pm

Make sure you don't just pay the ticket and instead go to court. It'll take the time of going but get it plead to an "equipment violation." Say your brakes were giving you issues, you've had them serviced since, and ask if it can be changed to an "equipment violation." It's your responsibility to be driving a vehicle in good operating condition, but if you weren't?

It's not a moving violation.....won't count on your driving record, won't raise your insurance.

Always keep your driving record clean if possible. This ticket will cost you the same as the speeding ticket.....court is happy since they get their money....but you won't have a moving violation. Let's say your rates jump a bunch and you start shopping around......

Speeding ticket gets rated the same as an at-fault accident for three years until it falls off by most (like 95%) of all auto insurers. Three years is a long time. It might not seem that important now to have it clean but plenty of shit can change in three years where you never know.....better off safe than sorry.....insurance alone will cost you a lot more than the ticket itself.

Plus....fukc em.

They expect you to just pay it so they get the money without having to do anything. If nothing else, take the time to go to court so they have to file more paperwork....actually give them shit to do. They hate it when you don't just pay it.....the officer who wrote it would dread having to go to court if you ever brought it to trial.....the judge would dread presiding over it....the administration people....Yada Yada Yada.

That's why they'll let you plea it down and pay it on your preliminary hearing.....they want it over and done with before the cop has to waste part of his day in court, and before it creates anymore unnecessary work for all the lazy government worker fukcs.

Biggest oxymoron ever.....

"Government Worker"
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:38 pm

I was reading about stay of dismissal...where if you have a good record and it's not an extreme violation they may not file it and if you are clean for a year it disappears. Any input on that or how you even try to pursue it? Contact the lac qui Parle court administration and see if I can find out more? Only thing I can really think of to find out more pursuing it. Not a lot of info on the Google machine.

Honestly have a plethora of excuses to use. My speedometer legitimately doesn't work and I use a speedometer app on my phone, satellite signal was blipping not giving me an accurate reading. Brain was fried from near death experience Fri at the ER lol, spent lot of time looking for a bird and it got late and don't like driving in the dark on back roads with my bad eyes...I got a lot I could claim but really just think the clean record and honest mistake is maybe best bet I dunno.

Gonna try and look into that stay of dismissal more though...I heard rural counties it's tougher because they want and need the money

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:53 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
Honestly have a plethora of excuses to use. My speedometer legitimately doesn't work and I use a speedometer app on my phone, satellite signal was blipping not giving me an accurate reading. Brain was fried from near death experience Fri at the ER lol, spent lot of time looking for a bird and it got late and don't like driving in the dark on back roads with my bad eyes...I got a lot I could claim but really just think the clean record and honest mistake is maybe best bet I dunno.

I feel like this is a really bad start. You might walk away with another ticket or a driving restriction on your drivers license. :lol:

A stay of dismissal was called expungement when I did it. If it’s the same as it used to be, you can only use it once fwiw. Hindsight I should have saved it for round 2 of my legal troubles haha. I’ve never heard it for a petty traffic violation but it’s worth a ask if you go.

Anyone know if asking to see the radar gun is a thing? Heard they have to show you if you ask and they can’t ticket you if they don’t but not sure if that’s real. I have been pulled over twice when the cop said I was going way faster than I was. I politely told the cop there was no way I was going that fast and both times got off without even a written warning. I was going to ask to see the radar gun if they tried to ticket me. I did have to remove an air freshener from the mirror and the cop made sure to let me know he could ticket me for that if wanted to. And I got the dad lecture both times too.

My favorite encounter was getting pulled over in minneapolis and getting my car searched and the cop trying to accuse me of being a meth cook when he found my buddy heater and propane tanks in the trunk. I gave him some chit about that. That earned me some tight cuffs and a seat in his squad car for awhile. I guess they don’t appreciate being laughed at and asking if it’s their first rodeo.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:17 am

Ya that's what I was thinking too. Why I don't want to go that route lol. I'll probably have to call the court administration and see if there's anything else I can find out about it or if it's even possible. Or just say f it

The older I got especially with my eyes I don't really speed anymore. So not really concerned about getting another ticket. Out there there's just no one around and I get passed all the time doing 10 over lol. Just my time I guess pretty good for 21 years of driving

I

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:50 am

I got back from MT late sunday night. Lots of Phez. Snow was thick enough to keep out of the "sea of grass" type cover and they were pretty much only in the brushy stuff. Unless a guy's dog is extremely well trained, they were a hinderance. Any yelling and whistling would send the birds packing. You'd actually see them running thru the brush sometimes.

I shot 3 in about half and hour when I broke off from my buddy and just snuck along the top of a small draw. I'd pop over the edge and the pheasants would be there, and since it was just woody cover they would flush and not hold tight.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:08 pm

Nice that was specific pheasant trip to Montana? Sounds cool

They were definitely running on us Sunday but I kinda like when they do that in this one spot...big long slough with bunch of cattails nooks and crannies. Like 3/4 Mile long we pushed it all the way dog got more and more crazy as we went cause scent was getting stronger, then towards the end birds flushing everywhere pretty fun. One of my favorite late season spots when the wind is right

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”