maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Fall 2022

Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:18 am

Don't want to be too tough on dad but he tells me he went out and walked around the land today and shot his muzzleloader a few times to get ready for Saturday. You just don't do that stuff with a big buck running around. I'm gonna have to try and get him to understand the technique to limiting the awareness of human presence to keep big bucks in an area. Especially if he retires and starts bow hunting with me.

He'll probably be out Saturday morning in clothes that reek smoking a cigar

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:06 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Don't want to be too tough on dad but he tells me he went out and walked around the land today and shot his muzzleloader a few times to get ready for Saturday. You just don't do that stuff with a big buck running around. I'm gonna have to try and get him to understand the technique to limiting the awareness of human presence to keep big bucks in an area. Especially if he retires and starts bow hunting with me.

He'll probably be out Saturday morning in clothes that reek smoking a cigar

lol oh man. Time for a tough conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:56 pm

My buddies dad smoked in his stand and shot big bucks Perry consistently down near wabasha

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:53 am

I don't think it'll push him out....deer, and bucks especially, have a very established range. What it'll do is maybe change his habits and make him go even more nocturna. I think big deer get shot two ways.....drives....which means deer moving caused by drives which a hunter isn't even on when he sees a big one.......and by having a good piece of unmolested property where the deer are disturbed so little that they're able to move so freely without concern even big ones will move around during the day.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:17 am

And that exactly what our property is...so unmolested as long as you are careful with odor and being stealth deer will stay there and move during shooting time. They have 80 acres of cattails to bed in that are pretty much off limits to people and our land surrounds it where they come up to go the the ag fields or surrounding properties. Having that off limits bedding area is so important for our property , they bed close and feel ok coming out of the beds at decent time of day because they sense no human presence.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:21 am

That one year I had that big 12 pt I posted on here, saw him 3 times during daylight within 60 yards, before and after gun season. That just don't happen on a lot of property. I need to get my dad to understand why

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:42 pm

I have a buddy who has two incredible properties to hunt. I’m talking multiple Boone and crocket bucks all year long and even more smaller ones I’d still be trilled to have a crack at.

He can’t kill a single one, to the point of embarrassment. He literally hunts every single evening since he doesn’t really work. He can’t comprehend the fact the deer have HIM pattered.

It’s so hard not talking sh!t to him about how stupid and undisciplined he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:17 pm

Lol what am I gonna do with the old man. We are at the trucks getting ready to walk out, he goes I think my sight is gone. I look at his muzzleloader yep rear sight gone lol. I gotta find a way to make everything easier on him. We didn't see anything

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:40 am

Next step is to get him out with the dog pheasant hunting but my dog is a terrorist

He goes insane when he knows he's going hunting and don't think my dad could handle a 3 hr drive with him in the cab. I need a new truck with an old man topper. Stat

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:56 am

Lots of deer talk but i had a great duck day. I only got one but it was fun. Walked a creek in anoka county and got a stunning male woodie which is cool this late in the year. Maybe could of had another but passed it up seemed like a 40 yard plus shot. Season ends sunday.

Sent from my SM-A015M using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”