kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Re: USDA says no importing from Canada of waterfowl by hunters

Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:12 pm

why would you go spend a bunch of money to go shoot things and then donate them to a food bank? seems pretty dumb. Just like the dbags that come up here and shoot a moose, take the antlers and back straps then donate the rest to the community. Seems pretty stupid. sure the meat isnt being wasted but at that point youre a dumb ass antler hunter. go find sheds if you just want antlers.
official sour toe member number 52,814

snowsnblues
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:16 pm

One of the few times I agree with you Kwack.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:23 pm

kwackkillncrew wrote:why would you go spend a bunch of money to go shoot things and then donate them to a food bank? seems pretty dumb. Just like the dbags that come up here and shoot a moose, take the antlers and back straps then donate the rest to the community. Seems pretty stupid. sure the meat isnt being wasted but at that point youre a dumb ass antler hunter. go find sheds if you just want antlers.

Couldn't agree more.

There was a few year period....back when I first started shooting a lot of birds.....when I threw most of them in the ditch.

Nowadays I enjoy making them taste good, more than anything. If I'm going to kill it I'm going to eat it....with a few exceptions. If it's shot to shit or a bile burger.....nope. Sometimes shit happens....and when it does you shouldn't try to eat that shit.

I know a guy who a bunch of people talked shit about for not processing his own deer.....said that you could buy him a tag and he'd shoot you a deer but he wouldn't even gut it.....

Fuggin' perfect. I asked him how many he'd be willing to shoot for me. I enjoy the meat cutting, prepping, and eating more than I enjoy the hunt these days....especially when it comes to MN deer hunting.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:57 pm

Best part about doing your own processing is you control everything. Probably costs me more in the end to do it my self but it's something I really like doing as well. Only took me 2 caribou and 1 moose to figure out how to make a damn good bratwurst.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:48 pm

God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”