emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: Opener

Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:16 pm

3 of us had our limit in 15min on opener. Sunday hunted solo and shot 2, missed some more and got fought with my pants down on others. Tried to jump some teal on public land right by a small dead-end wma landing on the way back into town. Fell through the bog into some thick mud over my waist, the kind you can’t move in. Kinda panicked, pried myself out using my shotgun. Teal swamp outta range by the time I got down there. Took a different way back to the truck to be met by the local CO.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:32 pm

I didn't even go. It was raining, shitty, and foggy out and I just said, "fuggit."
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:00 am

You can always tell a fake waterfowl hunters when they something like "wow... its so drizzly and foggy out, a perfect day for duck hunting"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:06 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:You can always tell a fake waterfowl hunters when they something like "wow... its so drizzly and foggy out, a perfect day for duck hunting"

So true for ducks.

But when it comes to hunting snows on the x, I’ll take those conditions everyday.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:16 am

Never experienced that with snows but fog and the x seems mean success.

My best snow days were on juvies with the sunshine and south wind, because as Bill Wilroths buddy at De Smet gas station told me, “IT BLINDS THE BASTARDS”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:33 pm

Man adults act like juvies in the right conditions its pretty incredible. Our best was we set up in a flooded field started the day 55 degrees light wind by afternoon it was blowing 30 mph outta the north and snowing. Had strings of snow's as far as you could see coming in super low fighting the wind. I'll never forget that one it was dumb luck our very first year decoying them.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”