kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Re: Breathable waders (gator, banded, etc...) ?

Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:54 am

Yep I always wear socks. Light socks in the summer while fishing and wool socks in november when duck hunt. Make sure you spray out the boots when your done to get out any gravel. I haven't had a stocking foot go bad on me yet. If you are real concerned I believe they make a thin sock that goes over the outside of the stocking foot for added protection. Honestly I will never wear neoprenes again way to heavy and the boots suck. With my breathables I run Simms boots.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:05 pm

you guys ever have any issues with the boots coming off in super thick sludge? I've only ever had the stocking foots on in regular summer fishing scenarios and never waded into potholes with them. About once a year I find myself stuck'ish in mud with regular waders but losing one of those boots would ruin a day....

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:23 pm

I’ve been in some nastiness and never had an issue with a boot coming off. Just the smaller “footprint” and the added mobility in your ankle make it actually a lot easier to move thru muck. I get a lot of people can’t spend money on two sets of waders but for the first half the season stocking foot waders rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:05 pm

Same as DD no issues here. The only time I had a issue is when I was wearing korkers and the mud sucked off the interchangeable sole. What I learned is dont buy korkers. The lower level of Simms would work out great. Dont want to cheap out on the boots too much

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”