emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: How many...

Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:06 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Ya gf probably should have a shotgun in the bedroom. She spent her entire growing up shooting clays several times a week...she's pretty comfortable with shotguns. We have all these guns between the two of us but they all down in the entryway closet where they wouldn't be helpful, outside the handguns in each of our nightstands. Maybe if I can ever get my versamax fixed the ol 870 migrates to the bedroom

What’s wrong with the versamax? I’ve never heard of one going down.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:08 pm

Also I’ve shot a few weapons in somewhat enclosed areas but never in a house that’s been totally sealed. I couldn’t imagine firing a round in house let alone several. The concussion and ear ringing would probably drop you to your knees.

Ever watched the beginning of the walking dead where Rick shoots his 357 in the tank?
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:43 pm

I shot my AR inside a shed once just to see how loud it would be. I had ear plugs in and it was awful.

I took my muzzle brake off my .300 BLK pistol after I shot ONE time at a deer I killed. Kind of dumb in the first place but I’d much rather have the bird cage in it.

Fun fact, the noise isn’t actually louder indoors, but the duration of the noise is longer, which we perceive at louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:10 pm

emptymag wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Ya gf probably should have a shotgun in the bedroom. She spent her entire growing up shooting clays several times a week...she's pretty comfortable with shotguns. We have all these guns between the two of us but they all down in the entryway closet where they wouldn't be helpful, outside the handguns in each of our nightstands. Maybe if I can ever get my versamax fixed the ol 870 migrates to the bedroom

What’s wrong with the versamax? I’ve never heard of one going down.

Had a thread about it this winter i think...pivot block...thin piece of metal between the stock and receiver. Stock loosened up while I had it in the rack of a wheeler driving a field enge and somehow that pivot block broke into pieces. Can't find the part anywhere. Could probably just put the pieces in and tighten the stock down good and it'd be good to go, but just been waiting haven't gotten around to contracting Remington directly yet to see about locating a part.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:16 pm

Screenshot_20221120-211344.png
Actually just found it...anyone heard/used this site before? Joint force enterprises? Wasn't on Google last time I looked...and been noticing a lot of scam china sites trying to take advantage of gun part/ammo shortage lately

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:18 pm

Seem legit I guess most china scams don't have address, social media phone number etc. This co has all that. Probably order tomorrow

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:37 pm

Having to shoot/kill someone in self-degense is about the last thing I'd wish on anyone. With that being said I've drawn on people....been ready to shoot others....lots of times....too many times.....cops at the door holding it open with one hand, other hand behind my back with a colt .38 police issue from the dirty thirties ready to go if they would've tried to take me into custody....would've ended badly for all of us...all dead since at the time I wasn't being taken alive and I wasn't going to jail/prison. Slept with doors barricaded shut with dressers and shotgun with extended mag full of buck shot......guns all over the house....sleepless nights....security detail watching me 24/7 for five weeks and freaking the fukc out of my entire neighborhood.....

I know I could if I had to because I've had my finger on the trigger too many times, but I'm glad those days are done.

Chicks are better off with pepper spray. Woman don't have the clutch gene when it comes to shooting people...think tasers are guns, guns are tasers.....see Daunte Wright & Kim Potter........chicks should only be armed with pepper spray.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:28 pm

Lol.

Not being sexist but in most of my semi "stressful" situations I've seen women close to me involved in...just seems like controlling emotions and rationale go out the window.

Dad's 60th bday my brother almost starts his house on fire with a runaway turkey fryer. What's my dad's gf say? Get some water...lol. out of everyone I have to say my gf most level headed and told my sister with a young kid maybe she should pack up his stuff and put his warm clothes on in case we needed to leave the house, it was Nov. Everyone just awestruck at the impending doom lol

Moms 60th bday...her my sister's other female members go to winery get hammered. Comes back to my sister's house, all of them hammered or course which doesn't help. Mom falls gets up her wrist looks like the letter "s". She's saying just take me home...sisters are bawling...I'm the only sober one trying to get her to a hospital with sisters fighting constantly talking to her etc.

Is there anything less composed than a drunk chick? Id say Kim Jung un is more composed

Probably more just the women I'm around and the fact I'm related to them.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:58 am

I have not seen women act the best in near crisis situations. Call me sexist or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:51 am

Nershi wrote:
Are you talking home invasion or conceal carry?

If someone breaks in to your home you usually have some time to prepare. Everyone should have the mentality if you break in to my home, guns are coming out and you are dead. If you don’t, yea things might not go well. It’s tough for females to get in that mindset.

If you have that mindset you don’t need to be some crazy proficient well practiced shooter. You just need to load up and start shooting when you the mf’er.

General self defense I guess is the way I read the question. So yea, in your own abode is a little different. But I don't see a correlation in genders. I've seen a lot more guys I don't trust with firearms than I have women. Every poor experience I've ever had that's revolved around a firearm has been exclusively males. Some of that is likely I've just tended to be around 100:1 males to females with guns but when my wife refreshes her PTC class she's there listening and taking everything extremely serious, notes, practical shooting, etc...and most other women in the class are doing the same. Their spouses or SO's on the other hand might be playing angry bird while the instructor is going through it.

The yahoos, regardless of gender that show up at a class, range or field with the mindset "i've been around guns my whole life, I know what I'm doing" tend to look the most foolish or at minimum make me the most nervous.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”