Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: How many...

Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:21 pm

I never said women were worse with guns, or that I trust men with guns more than I do women.....

I said I don't trust women in crisis situations.....big distinction between the two.

Women at a range or out hunting with a gun?

No problem....they're safe.

But my mom to this day sucks when driving and she either needs to hit the gas to get around someone, or hit the brakes to avoid hitting someone else....she starts yelling, "Ar-Ar-Arggggh!"

The last thing I'd want is my life depending on a woman with a gun and needing to use it in self-defense....actually....scratch that.....a lot of self-defense situations they'd be fine as long as they have time to think and go back to their training. They're really good at that.

A woman with a gun in a panic situation where she has a split second to recognize the imminent danger and realize what she needs to do with a gun in order to mitigate it?

Don't sign me up for it....again....Kim Potter....watch the tape.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:27 am

it's the company you keep.

I've worked for, alongside and had working for me dozens of firefighters and emt's (both genders) over the last 15 years. In critical incidents, the one's that excel the most are the one's that have been there before and have experience in those situations. It can be simulated via trainings but there is no replacement for spicy situations like the real thing. Regardless of their anatomy.

I've seen the Wright tape probably more than most. She made a mistake and is paying the price. But her decision making was sound, she simply reached for the wrong tool. At least she didn't stop to sanitize her hands or text (guys in Uvalde video). The Taylor shooting (guys) on the other hand is a probably a better example of bad decision making and/or lack of training. No doubt both were bad shoots but there's a big difference between a mistake and a poor decision. The list goes on. At the end of the day I'd venture to guess we've all made mistakes under normal circumstances. When involved in a critical incident, the body/brain does some crazy things trying to process the situation and maintain consciousness while dealing with a massive adrenaline dump all at the same time. Involuntary things like breathing go out the window and there's a tendency to hyperfocus on things like smell or sounds that often have no relevance to the situation. Happens to everyone regardless of chromosomes. The people that can deal with that the best are those that have been there before.
Last edited by Mallard_maniac on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:34 am

I'm going to quote multiple police officers, some that have been involved in shootings, verbatim:

"female cops get cops killed"

These are not my words, but that of those with years on the profession of LE.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:36 am

This one is kind of incredible.

She turns into an adrenaline zombie and shoots the guys mom on accident. Crazy stuff. I can't find the full vid without a breakdown but its pretty bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f7Y1dYv1HE

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:39 am

Mallard_maniac wrote:it's the company you keep.

I've worked for, alongside and had working for me dozens of firefighters and emt's (both genders) over the last 15 years. In critical incidents, the one's that excel the most are the one's that have been there before and have experience in those situations. It can be simulated via trainings but there is no replacement for spicy situations like the real thing. Regardless of their anatomy.

I've seen the Wright tape probably more than most. She made a mistake and is paying the price. But her decision making was sound, she simply reached for the wrong tool. At least she didn't stop to sanitize her hands or text (guys in Uvalde video). The Taylor shooting (guys) on the other hand is a probably a better example of bad decision making and/or lack of training. No doubt both were bad shoots but there's a big difference between a mistake and a poor decision. The list goes on. At the end of the day I'd venture to guess we've all made mistakes under normal circumstances. When involved in a critical incident, the body/brain does some crazy things trying to process the situation and maintain consciousness while dealing with a massive adrenaline dump all at the same time. Involuntary things like breathing go out the window and there's a tendency to hyperfocus on things like smell or sounds that often have no relevance to the situation. Happens to everyone regardless of chromosomes. The people that can deal with that the best are those that have been there before.

The amount of times I've almost vomited due to my wrestling opponents axe body spray in high school during a match when it has zero relevance on anything important LOL

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:46 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:
The amount of times I've almost vomited due to my wrestling opponents axe body spray in high school during a match when it has zero relevance on anything important LOL

I have a good friend that was involved in a multiple fatality car wreck two winters ago and pulled a body out of the wrecked car. Qualified law and fire, 20+ years exp. Everytime they smell a similar car interior now that person goes into cold sweats and stops talking/100% mood shift. Of all the smells occurring in the situation (antifreeze, burning rubber, etc...) that's the one they can't get rid of? Wild stuff....

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:49 am

Mallard_maniac wrote:
Drunk_Dynasty wrote:

I have a good friend that was involved in a multiple fatality car wreck two winters ago and pulled a body out of the wrecked car. Qualified law and fire, 20+ years exp. Everytime they smell a similar car interior now that person goes into cold sweats and stops talking/100% mood shift. Of all the smells occurring in the situation (antifreeze, burning rubber, etc...) that's the one they can't get rid of? Wild stuff....

It's kind of insane how strongly scent is tied to memory. Has to be some sort of evolutionary adaptation not so relevant in the modern age.

Hell, I smell certain cleaning products to this day and feel like I'm cleaning everything on the last day of elementary school.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:46 pm

Kim Potter had great decision making.....unfortunately for her, she's a woman so she was incapable of acting upon her decision making in a crisis situation....instead her woman brain short circuited and told her that she had a taser in her hand when it was actually her pistol.....again, a mistake only a woman's brain in a crisis situation would happen to.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:03 am

Fish Felon wrote:Kim Potter had great decision making.....unfortunately for her, she's a woman so she was incapable of acting upon her decision making in a crisis situation....instead her woman brain short circuited and told her that she had a taser in her hand when it was actually her pistol.....again, a mistake only a woman's brain in a crisis situation would happen to.

To be fair…. Years before Kim Potter, there was a cop in LA that had a guy handcuffed, face down with his pistol pointed at his back and inexplicably pulled the trigger and then tried saying he thought it was his taser, after holding it for an extended amount of time. Much more embarrassing than the Kim Potter situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:21 am

In LA you have to expect the unexpected....like dudes behaving like chicks....it's freaking La-La-Land out there.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”