maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

How many...

Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:00 am

Have a so that could actually use a weapon in self defense if necessary. My gf has her concealed carry but won't answer a knock at the door. I was gone deer hunting and she let the dog drive away a knocker at ,8:30 on a Saturday night. It's not the middle of nowhere lol

Think the gf would be pretty useless in a self defense situation...hbu?

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Re: How many...

Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:35 am

Mine doesn’t have a cc permit and probably wouldn’t shoot someone but she’s tall and would run off a lot of bad guys in hand to hand. We also have a dog that I think would defend the turf.

Your gf made the right decision to not answer the door btw. Avoidance is rule one

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:24 am

I know, avoidance of situations is top priority. She let the dog scare them away...he goes ballistic at the door if there's a stranger.

But there was another time she thought someone was rustling the door... middle of the day, full daylight in a neighborhood. Before we had the dog. Ran into the bathroom which is in center of house by no exits and called me at work. So came home and checked it out

Jehovah witness put a flyer on the door lol

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:49 am

My gal has her CC. She knows the manual of arms for all the weapons in the house and has at least shot them once. I'm not sure how she would react to an actual self-defense situation. She is anxious and untrusting by nature, so I know she is always kind of on edge at least. It can actually get to be a lot sometimes, but atleast I know nobody is gonna get the drop on her lolz.

A bat got into the house once, and she kneeled down and screamed the kind of scream that gets the cops called. Someone might have thought I was murdering her, but in reality I was swinging a swiffer sweeper at a bat. Felt kinda bad smashing it after it was all said and done, but a gal I went to high school lost her dad due to rabies from a bat so that was heavy in my mind. I hope she doesn't act that way if an intruder gets into the house.

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:19 pm

Truth is most of us (outside of our SO's) would be pretty worthless in a situation that gets sporty. Get off the x is first and foremost.

Dan Horner breaks gun people down into two groups, those that shoot 10,000 rounds a year and those that dont..... 99.9% of us don't. Drawing, target aquistion, trigger pull, execution under duress, weapon manipulation, etc... all comes with repetition and that doesn't mean ripping off 50 rounds a month at the range before heading to BW3's. Lots of gravy seals out there but we're all somewhat turds when push comes to shove.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:29 pm

My mom is scared to handle guns. My old man leaves an unloaded 12 gauge out by her bed when he is gone and tells her to point it at the door the intruder is coming from and scream out she has a shotgun and will shoot if they walk through the door. If a criminal comes through the door staring down a shotgun chances are they are high tailing it out of there. Who knows if she’d have the composure to do that but he goes over it with her most times he leaves.

My sister said she wants to get a handgun for when her husband is gone. I told her get a shotgun. Or better yet have one of mine. More intimidating, tougher to miss, easier to load and operate, safer around kids in the house, tougher to shoot your self, etc. I’ve never understood why people think of a handgun for home protection. Handguns are for protection while carrying or stored in a vehicle.

I have a 12 gauge next to my bed. I live in the country and have zero worries but if chit went down I’d feel like a dummy for not having one of my several shotguns out and ready.

I don’t have a lady currently. I’ve let several shack up for awhile and all of them were scared of guns.

I’m encouraging both my siblings to get my nieces and nephews familiar and comfortable with guns at a young age. Lots of reasons to do that even if they aren’t going to be hunters.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:35 pm

Mallard_maniac wrote:Truth is most of us (outside of our SO's) would be pretty worthless in a situation that gets sporty. Get off the x is first and foremost.

Dan Horner breaks gun people down into two groups, those that shoot 10,000 rounds a year and those that dont..... 99.9% of us don't. Drawing, target aquistion, trigger pull, execution under duress, weapon manipulation, etc... all comes with repetition and that doesn't mean ripping off 50 rounds a month at the range before heading to BW3's. Lots of gravy seals out there but we're all somewhat turds when push comes to shove.

Are you talking home invasion or conceal carry?

If someone breaks in to your home you usually have some time to prepare. Everyone should have the mentality if you break in to my home, guns are coming out and you are dead. If you don’t, yea things might not go well. It’s tough for females to get in that mindset.

If you have that mindset you don’t need to be some crazy proficient well practiced shooter. You just need to load up and start shooting when you the mf’er.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:17 am

Ya gf probably should have a shotgun in the bedroom. She spent her entire growing up shooting clays several times a week...she's pretty comfortable with shotguns. We have all these guns between the two of us but they all down in the entryway closet where they wouldn't be helpful, outside the handguns in each of our nightstands. Maybe if I can ever get my versamax fixed the ol 870 migrates to the bedroom

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

How many...

Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:22 am

I’ve got my Glock 20 in my nightstand. Everything else is in the safe and wouldn’t accessible. I’m fine with that. I can probably kill a home invader with a 10mm, and all the shit apple kids staying with grandpa and grandma up stairs can’t get to the long guns.

I tend to focus on probabilities and not possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:03 pm

I’ve got several glocks between the truck, house, and bedroom. Picked up a mossberg 590 a few months ago and shot it a pile with different ammo. The federal low recoil flight control buck shot is a wrecker. It’s in the closet 3ft from my bed. Also 2 ar15’s in the safe ready to rock.

My wife knows how to run the glocks but would be better off throwing it at someone, and she throws like a girl…

Luckily I live in town and both my neighbors are generally around, one retired the other works from home with dogs and both are pretty kickass guys.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”