Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Ice Fishing 2022-23

Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:41 am

Bullet21XD wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:

I get now get why waterfowl hunting is a dead pastime. We represent the last generation for it.

I don't know, man...this savage 12 y/o chick would probably disagree!

Yeah...I actually took a kid hunting.

That's awesome man....good for you. Honestly? Women getting into the sport are probably the only hope for hunting. A dwindling amount of white males in anything is getting fukced and in MN there's always some white liberal kunts screaming about how this or that needs to be abolished to break up the misogynistic white hetero dominated past......best way to go up against them is by fighting fire with fire....a younger generation female defending hunting is capable of changing people's perceptions exponentially more than a geriatric old white dude.

Not saying it's right since I think it's fukcing bullshit but it's the way of the modern world. Even a small but devoted contingency of women duck hunters might be able to keep the shit going for another century.......we'll see......the fruits are going ban all hunting here soon under the guise of climate change. Everything hunting and fishing related in this state is already on its way towards being totally fukced from a management standpoint due to a bunch of retards thinking climate change is the giant threat it's made out to be.

Don't believe me?

It's already caused the end of Moose hunting in this state......no telling what's next.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:31 pm

Dont want to side track the fishing thread to much but what do you think caused the moose decline (I have no idea so I am not setting anything up)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:34 am

Nershi wrote:Looks like a slow day for the mercs. I thought you stacked them up this time of year. I guess green heads are an okay second.

Been slow for the mergansers the last couple years, unfortunately. Just haven't been in the right area at the right time. So, the last 20 or so hunts have been for the low hanging fruit. The people I take out prefer that...everyone loves a stupid park duck!

I'm done til New Years, probably get 8 or 10 more days in January...gotta see what freezes up after the next week or so. Could possibly get into some KS or OK reservoir diver hunts!
Dominate The Skies.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:53 am

Nice pic! Looks like she had fun!

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:42 am

I’m jealous of the late season killing bullet. Nice work. Looks like you’re on em. You can’t always get on the lawn darts. You can always settle for those green heads instead of the commons.

I was gonna do New Mexico this year but couldn’t pull it off with the Baja fishing trip. Maybe next year. That salt water fishing might be the death of extra duck trips.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:45 pm

Nershi wrote:I’m jealous of the late season killing bullet. Nice work. Looks like you’re on em. You can’t always get on the lawn darts. You can always settle for those green heads instead of the commons.

I was gonna do New Mexico this year but couldn’t pull it off with the Baja fishing trip. Maybe next year. That salt water fishing might be the death of extra duck trips.

I know the feeling. I go to Louisiana for 8 or 10 days now every March.
Where in Mexico did you go? I've fished the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific side many times in my younger days. It's friggen awesome down there. A week there on the water is a worthy swap for shooting a few more ducks!
Dominate The Skies.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:05 pm

kwackkillncrew wrote:Dont want to side track the fishing thread to much but what do you think caused the moose decline (I have no idea so I am not setting anything up)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

They haven't declined in the Northeast. 2006 was a peak number for the Moose population in the survey, which I would say is an "outlier" year. No wildlife population should be managed based off A) a peak survey count B) in a knee-jerk fashion based on the most recent survey year. The most inaccurate and unreliable data when it comes to wildlife surveys is the most recent year. Wildlife surveys are meant to track longterm population trends.....they were never supposed to give an exact number, and especially aren't meant to give an exact number the current year. It takes at least 3-5 years to be able to see if any survey is worth a shit. It is very common for wildlife surveys to take a shit every so often.....sampling methods get skewed and produce survey results that indicate the population being much higher or lower relative to what it is. These years are easy to see when charted on a graph a decade or two later......there's the line tracking the actual population being illustrated....and there's a dot way the fukc off the line a year or two.....outliers....the years sampling was fukced due to weather conditions or a million other factors man isn't even aware of that could throw it way off.

2006 was such a year for the Moose population.....that year the sampling methods sampled a lot more of the population than in previous years and once extrapolated to produce the survey count......it reported a number that was heavily skewed on the high side.

Thus, when they closed the season based off "an alarming decrease" it was the DNR being retards. The population has been stable for twenty five years.....it's actually the highest now it's been since 2006, and is most likely higher than it was that year since it was a clear outlier. The calf to cow ratio looks great.....shows a very healthy number compared to ten years ago.....not just a sustaining population but a growing one.

So to answer your question.....nothing caused the decline because there never was one.

I could give you a whole list of ways to increase Moose numbers.....kill wolves, clean up our shit forests so they resemble what they were like over a century ago, but one thing is for certain.....

....climate change doesn't have a fukcing thing to do with it. Northern MN is one of the few blips on the globe where temperatures have gotten colder. Even if they'd gone up a degree....who fukcing cares? Animals can handle a degree change....it's not a big deal. The climate has always changed. It's not getting warmer.....so bullshit excuse.....but even if it was?

Williston, ND has a burgeoning Moose population....there's a shit ton of them there that exploded in the last quarter century.....a Moose population boom......

That took place while the Bakken oil boom took place....land was fragmented with roads, people, and vehicles freaking everywhere at all hours.....enough flared wells to make night no longer be night, in a place that gets twelve to fifteen inches less rainfall than Northeast MN and is much hotter on average, due to scorching summers.......

Yet low and behold the Moose population exploded there.......

.....so if it can happen in a place much warmer with all kinds of industrial shit taking place to alter the entire landscape, then it kind of makes the DNR look like fukcing retards for thinking Moose are declining in places like the BWCA due to climate change, doesn't it?

But what else do we expect from the same fukcing idiots who fukced up and said there was a decline in the first place.....might as well have a fake fukced up reason like climate change be what's causing their fake fukced up Moose decline......
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:08 pm

Been eating lots of crappies lately.....

Screenshot_20221219-150702_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221219-150655_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221219-150715_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:45 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:
Nershi wrote:I’m jealous of the late season killing bullet. Nice work. Looks like you’re on em. You can’t always get on the lawn darts. You can always settle for those green heads instead of the commons.

I know the feeling. I go to Louisiana for 8 or 10 days now every March.
Where in Mexico did you go? I've fished the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific side many times in my younger days. It's friggen awesome down there. A week there on the water is a worthy swap for shooting a few more ducks!

Last year was Cabos and this year was to mag bay. We went to mag bay because we heard the fishing can be better than Cabos and the fishing definitely did not disappoint. Only bummer is the fishing is best in October and early November on the Baja which is obviously is terrible timing for a mn duck hunter. I need to find an area that is good in that February-April time frame when I am itching to gtfo of MN.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:48 pm

Anyone been out since the snowstorm? I gotta imagine it’s gonna be a slush nightmare. The ice was setting up so nice and that all got ruined in one storm.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”