Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wolf Plan

Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:30 pm

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/wolves/wolf-plan.html

Download it.....68 pages that says absolutely nothing.

No goal of hunting or trapping.....pretty clear who's won and taken over Our department of natural resources.

What happens when the DNR in your state becomes blatant anti-hunting?

You save money by not having to buy licenses!

I looked at all the tags I and licenses I bought this year to go hunting that I really didn't even use.....at least a couple hundred dollar self-inflicted tax.

Fukc these motherfukcers.....why do we continue to support a bureaucratic bunch of retards in government who are against us?

Stop buying licenses. Fukc 'Em. Did you know that all the offenses are less when you don't buy a license versus when you do? You're better off with an over limit of pheasants in your car without a license than you are with a license.

Think about it.....in terms of our criminal justice system where does the offense of poaching rank?

At the fukcing bottom. Do you think some judge is going to throw the book at you when you're in court and the dude in front of was a child molester, the dude before him a gang banger, and the dude after you beat his wife severely for the umpteenth time?

No! They don't give a fukc!

They get you on "Game and Fish" laws and if you don't buy a license, or sign it, you don't voluntarily agree to let them fukc you with an absurd different set of rules.

When I lost my fishing license for a year I looked up what the crime/penalty would be and it wasn't shit.....less than the original extra lines tickets since by losing my privileges i wasn't subjected to fish and game laws....getting busted after revocation wouldn't even effect the reinstatement of my privileges happening when the year is up.

Never sign your licenses. It's a minimal offense and you don't subject you to their bullshit that way. Think about it.....why is it so important to sign your hunting and fishing licenses? Why do they push it? What in fact are you signing off on?

4th amendment rights?

Gone if you signed a license.

Don't buy any licenses from these animal rights fukcs and if you do....sure as fukc don't sign them.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: Wolf Plan

Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:50 pm

Classic! I might have to look into that.

I’m sick of the out of state hunting bs and preferance points and the draws, all of it…..
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:16 pm

Makes you wonder if our state government being so dominated by democrats plays in to dnr’s management plans. You know all those howling with wolf nuts are a bunch of granola eating liberals.

Are we ever gonna get the story about how you lost your fishing and hunting rights for a year?

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:42 pm

Nershi wrote:Makes you wonder if our state government being so dominated by democrats plays in to dnr’s management plans. You know all those howling with wolf nuts are a bunch of granola eating liberals.

Are we ever gonna get the story about how you lost your fishing and hunting rights for a year?

I thought I already told it......pretty lame really......

I'd fished with more than one line whenever I wanted to my entire life and never received a ticket. 2017-2020 when I fished Mille Lacs a lot.....95% of the time I was out there I had either four lines out trolling (couple boards out and a line running on the inside) or if it was windy I'd have three lines out (two outside lines and one straight off the middle of the stern). When ice fishing in the winter it wasn't uncommon for me to have out 14-16 tip-ups....whether I had seven guests over or I was by myself.

Well, I got ticketed on Mille Lacs for an extra line......fukcers boated up on me HARD but I still had the second line that was hanging off the back with the rod inside the boat reeled in before they got there. It was a rare time I was lindy rigging some float jigs with a leech and since I couldn't find my crank pipe I'd been puffing on not more than five minutes earlier, and I had two walleyes clubbed and gutted on the bottom by the stern.....and now had two DNR guys in a boat hanging into the side of my boat and ready to jump in at any moment.....when the one guy had completed the checklist and I passed (life jackets, throwable, fishing license, etc.) and quietly asked,

"How long did have that second line in?"

I responded,

"Well, besides when reeling in and putting out.....basically the entire time I've been out here....."

They laughed, I laughed, we all chuckled some more as I gladly took my ticket and waved them goodbye.

[To be continued]
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:37 pm

I heard on the radio they were saying the goal is 1600 wolves and there is something like 2700 estimated in the state.

We won’t see a season as long as Walz in office. Honestly, I just want a wolf season so everyone will shut the fu(k up about it. But I want a real wolf season, none of this opening day of deer season BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:11 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:I heard on the radio they were saying the goal is 1600 wolves and there is something like 2700 estimated in the state.

We won’t see a season as long as Walz in office. Honestly, I just want a wolf season so everyone will shut the fu(k up about it. But I want a real wolf season, none of this opening day of deer season BS.

I don't care either way......what's hilarious is how many more are being killed out of spite because there isn't a season than how many would be legally taken during an actual season.

The DNR keeps claiming that their range is now over half the state.....as in there are established packs inhabiting it.....not a stray wolf occasionally getting spotted.....and they claim by their own numbers that there's a record high number of packs in this state....roughly 700 if I remember right.....

.....but they keep dropping the average pack size down in order to keep the estimated wolf population low and not significantly increasing. When they started conducting the current annual wolf survey back in the 90's the average pack size was over six wolves......now the average size is supposedly only three and a half.

So the DNR says the wolf range is larger than ever, there are more packs than ever, yet somehow the population has stayed level for basically the last twenty years. Makes sense, right? They've successfully expanded their range by over 30% the area it used to be....there's a couple hundred more established packs than there was yet low and behold......

.....the population somehow always stays in that 2700-3000 range. Weird.

I know a rancher who kills 6-12 wolves every year.....and there was a trapper brought in for a livestock depredation claim this past fall ten miles away as the crow flies from me (the state compensates ranchers a hundred grand up to a half million every year for livestock killed by wolves) and he killed nine in less than a week......

So right there we're talking at least four to five packs wiped out, going off their "average pack size," yet funny thing is they also say the average pack has a range of roughly a township, or 36 square miles.

Yet the trapper and the guy I know killed all those wolves within miles of each other.....and that's just two people and two accounts of wolves getting killed.....the DNR published the info on the trapper in their weekly CO updates....and if you don't want to take my second hand account of the rancher I know as legit I won't be offended.....know how it goes with internet information......

But I know it's legit and I'm telling you.....

There could very easily be 10,000 wolves in this state.....probably more.

Fugggg......there's a million deer in the state, let's keep the mass easy and say roughly half reside in the wolf range (not much of a stretch and probably pretty accurate assumption), so we're talking a deer to wolf ratio of one wolf to every fifty deer......if there's 10,000 wolves....or a 1:50 ratio

But the state says it's more like 1:180

I know a guy who shot seven wolves while deer hunting out of the same deer stand on his property up by Lancaster.....this would've been circa 2010. I know a guy who shot five that same year up at the Angle while deer hunting. I've heard enough reliable reports, most of them coming from the DNR themselves in the form of depredation records......they keep track of every wolf killed every year (sex, age, location killed, dare, etc). When paid trappers are killed five to nine wolves in a few days to a week on off the same fukcing farm?

Don't act like the same department paying the trappers and in charge of filing all the info isn't full of shit when they say packs are comprised of 3.5 wolves that inhabit the area a size of a township.

We're talking about wild fukcing dogs here.......why in the fukc would it not be possible for more than three wild dogs to live in a township?

There's so many bullshit myths about wolves.....they only kill for what they need to eat......and they are fiercely territorial and one pack inhabitants a township....and if any other wolves come within that territory the 3.5 wolves living there will kill it.

Bull-fukcing-shit

We've all watched enough dogs enough time to know that if given the chance....when the killing is easy.....they'll definitely kill for sport because they're dogs and they find it fun to chase shit down and kill it. How many hunting dogs have you guys ever hunted over that chase deer? I've seen a shitload.....I'd say the vast majority of upland dogs I've seen will chase the fukc out of any deer that gets "flushed" when walking for pheasants. They're dogs. It's in them.....they fukcing love to chase deer.....can't help it.....

Yet wolves, where dogs come from and pretty much exactly the same genetically, don't like to chase deer? Oh, they'll do it.....but only as a chore and when they need to eat. If a wolf pack kills a deer on a Monday and feasts...and supposedly don't not needi another meal for a couple days.....when a deer gets up in front of them on the next day (a Tuesday) they just stand there and don't care to run after it......

......unlike every fukcing dog I've ever seen minus the one or two that successfully had it beaten out of them or because they know they'll get lit up on a shock collar. Every fiber of their being wants to chase the fukc out of every deer they see, but in very rare cases where a human exerts a shit ton of effort spent over a ton of time......it is possible for a dog to not break on a deer.

But according to the DNR wolves exhibit that behavior all the time.....a wild fukcing dog that unlike your hunting dogs actually survives off of chasing deer.......

.....selectively chooses to not break on deer all the time. Any time they're not starving and/recently ate one......they are totally unlike every dog I've ever hunted over in that they choose to not break on deer....according to the DNR.

Personally I'd be willing to bet that wolves break on every fukcing deer they see and the only ones they don't kill get to live because they got lucky......if the wolves could've caught and killed them they would've. And my response to anyone doubting that assertion is,

"Why the fukc wouldn't they kill every deer they could? What reasons exist that would possibly stop them from killing a deer they could kill? What factors make wolves choose to not kill a deer they had dead to rights? Boredom? Trying to be humane? Their choice stems from trying to consume less and lower their impact to the land.....as the wild fukcing dogs that they are?"

Wolves kill every last deer they're capable of killing......the only reason why they won't kill a deer is because the deer won that round and they didn't.

And as far as pack sizes..... if a trapper can kill nine off one dude's farm in under a week?

Probably means the wolf density in the state might be more than 3.5 animals per 36 square miles........just a hunch, but it seems like every trapper who is responsible for the 120 to 300 wolves killed every year......since that's their job and the DNR contracts them to do it whenever a rancher keeps losing livestock to become wild dog food.....I bet every one of them will tell you there's a hell of lot more wolves in this state than 3.5 per 36 square miles. Since they know they aren't eradicating all the wolves in a hundred square miles when they kill nine off one guy's property.

Fugggggg.....I wonder what the real wolf population is in MN?

25,000 seems entirely possible....maybe even a little low.

Even their own numbers don't add up.....

MN is 55,643,000 acres. The wolf range is half that so divide that number by half. Then divide it by 2700 wolves and see how many acres there are per wolf.

Now keep in mind that 36 square miles is 23,040 acres, and there's 3.5 wolves, on average, in a territory that size.....sometimes more, sometimes less, but none of that matters since they've averaged it out for us and the figure is 3.5 per 23,040 acres....or one wolf per 6,583 acres.

Yet when you divide 27,821,500 (half the state of MN which is how much of the state has established wolf packs inhabiting it) by 6,583.....

I get 4,226......which seems like a significantly higher number than the 2700 population estimate for wolves the DNR states there is.....

....and that's assuming their 3.5 average pack size covering 23,040 acres isn't low as fukc.

If guys are killing nine off one farm in short order.....safe assumption is they didn't kill every wolf in that local pack.....more than one pack will reside in the same areas and overlap each other since generally dogs will fight and be territorial but never kill each other.....since I've seen a shitload of dogs who were introduced one morning on a pheasant hunt fight each other.....kind of expect it to happen at some point the first day they're together since that's what dogs do......yet, I bet none of you have ever seen dogs fight each other to the death, since I sure haven't....seen dogs fight each other....like fight-fight where they ain't just scrapping i bet fifty to a hundred times, easily in my lifetime.....and it's actually pretty rare to ever see them draw blood on each other. It definitely happens and is a thing, but it happens in maybe one out of four....one out of five times. Dogs and people aren't that different in a lot of ways.....and fighting is one such way......we typically stop and let up once we've won and already beat the shit out of someone.....neither dogs or humans have the urge to take a fight further and kill someone.....and it's not because of legal consequences or shit like that. Even the baddest mofos I've ever seen didn't want to severely hurt the people they fukcing hated and ended up fighting. They might have felt like they wanted to kill them at the start of the fight but once it was clear they'd won and honestly probably could've killed their opponent......they didn't want to.....they let up.....not because of fear of going to prison once the cops inevitably would show up.....people generally don't have it in them to kill other people.....just like even the meanest dogs don't have it in them to kill other dogs despite having the opportunity to do so.......

So I call bullshit on wolves killing each other every time they step foot off their turf and onto some other wolves turf. I bet they don't even fight each other during most encounters.

I love how the DNR says that wolves voluntarily show restraint when it comes to killing deer but show no restraint towards killing each other........makes sense.....exact opposite of the behavior exhibited by every wolf descendent who shares their identical DNA (AKA "dogs") I've ever been around.......but never mind that......the DNR knows what they're talking about, always.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:48 am

Didn’t read thru all of it but you need to hunt over better upland bird dogs.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:35 pm

Show me a dog without a shock collar on that won't break on a deer and I'll be impressed. Again, I said it's possible but that doesn't change the point that they inherently are compelled to do it.....they're dogs.....they want to chase deer.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:27 pm

Yah that’s certainly true. When I was 17 my dog found a crippled deer and chased it like half a mile. Thing couldn’t get going. The dog was like a year old so I thought he was gonna be ruined and chase deer his whole life thinking he could catch them, luckily he did not.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:31 am

At the end of the day, it really doesn’t matter what the wolf population of Minnesota is, the 56%+ of the state human population that lives within the 7 county metro area will never allow another wolf season again IMO (the same reason there will never be another Republican governor or president elected from the state). It’s a bold-faced lie from the DNR to list any number of wolves as a “management goal” because they will never actually be managed; they can’t be when the actual goal is infinite. The phony target has zero weight whatsoever and simply serves to placate sportsmen and livestock owners for yet another year. Even as it stands today, by the DNR’s own admission and using their bogus numbers, the current population is essentially double the population goal set in 2001 by the Feds of 1,600 wolves at midwinter. Wolves won! Yet, people still want to list them as “protected” or “threatened”. The goalpost arbitrarily moved almost 200% since the last revision partly based on a survey given to random people (some amazing, science-based wildlife biology happening by the DNR there), and the sad reality is that in 20 years it’ll likely move 200% again because wolves in Minnesota will never ever be considered recovered.

Actual population wise, not sure about 25K, but I could definitely see there being 8K+ wolves in the state. I have relatives that deer hunt the far north central part of the state, and for about the past decade they’ve seen many more wolves than deer each year during the firearms season. They’ve been hunting the same area since the mid 70s and said it seems like there are more wolves every year.

The below says all you really need to know - from the Center for Biological Diversity:

“Like so many Minnesotans, I treasure our wolves and I’m glad the new plan ensures their future in the state,” said Collette Adkins, carnivore conservation director at the Center for Biological Diversity and member of Minnesota’s Wolf Plan Advisory Committee. “The new plan incorporates modern science on wolf conservation and better reflects the wolf-friendly values of most people in Minnesota.”

The new plan was informed by a 2020 report that analyzed Minnesotans’ attitudes toward wolves. A key finding was that 87% of residents agree that maintaining the state’s wolf population is important. Accordingly, an objective of the plan is to “maintain a population comparable to recent estimates (2,200-3,000, well above the federal recovery goals) and distributed across the majority of current wolf range.”
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”