Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: LeBron James

Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:02 pm

emptymag wrote:
A596A380-E9B6-40EE-BCC4-056769549D19.jpeg

It's American Culture. Why do you hate American Culture so much? Are you secretly a member of the Taliban?
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:41 pm

Covers of SI are the polar opposite of the "Olympic Journal" stories- Harper was cocky AF, his dad a concrete worker, and promoters knew how to handle it, like slipping him a corked bat during a showcase batting practice- thing Home Run Derby, but everyone using a pogo stick.

Mauer is the Olympic Journal story- multi-sport athlete, solid family/community surrounded by athlete brothers.... on course for HOF career, then injury, etc.

I forget that LeBron didn't play college.Kareem played 3 years I think, MJ 4 years. So, LeBron is 38 or whatever, but has 3 or 4 more years scoring in the NBA.... but he's also #4 all-time in assists, so maybe he makes those around him better than Kareem or MJ who don't crack the top 20. But then he switches teams every 3 weeks, so, I don't know. For me, he is a great player, but when people start tossing GOAT, it feels a bit cringe. Just that gut feeling that says, I get it, but not really.

Might all just because I'm old and whoever I watched until I started having kids will always be better than whatever clown comes next. It kills me what people spend on a basketball game, completely mind boggling. But I guess what I've got wrapped up in duck decoys doesn't make much sense either.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:07 am

The problem with LeBron being the GOAT is he has self-proclaimed himself the GOAT. Everyone collectively appointed Jordan the GOAT....he never had to talk about it.

Kareem/Alcindnor isn't the GOAT....personality matters. He was a great player but seems like he has Asbergers or is highly Autistic or something. With the exception of his championship in Milwaukee....he always played on super teams. All the titles he won with the Lakers he was playing with five future HOF'ers. Even when playing at UCLA under Wooden he was essentially on super teams.

Jordan played three years at UNC and imo his one title as a Freshman is more impressive than Lew Alcindnor's [Kareem] three.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:21 pm

Some say Kobe is the GOAT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:17 pm

No they don't
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

LeBron James

Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:43 pm

lol I don’t know shit about basketball but people really do say that.

I grew up in Jordan era so I’m inclined to side with the Jordan Goaters but people really think it’s Kobe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:38 am

One MVP and two finals MVP's.....which one should've gone to Pau Gasol = not the GOAT
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”