Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

This Stuff is Getting Out of Control....

Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:50 am

$1200 for a nonresident elk tag......gee, I wonder why less people are hunting?

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2023/02/27 ... signature/

I can't wait to go shoot deer indiscriminately in Iowa.....and the singular reason why I'm doing it?

Because Fukc 'Em. That's why. My relatives do it yet I'm supposed to enter a lottery so I can pay over five hundred bucks every three years for a tag?

Simple solution----I just won't buy a tag. I'll do my part to remove the state of Iowa's trash off my family's land.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

This Stuff is Getting Out of Control....

Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:26 am

More people are hunting in the west than ever before. R3 and social media has been terrible for hunting.

Wyoming had 125k new sportsmen IDs created in 2021. That’s 1/3 of the entire state.

Also, Felon, have you ever tried to do anything in life that wasn’t motivated by bitterness and resentment? Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: This Stuff is Getting Out of Control....

Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:54 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Also, Felon, have you ever tried to do anything in life that wasn’t motivated by bitterness and resentment? Sheesh.

You know.....that's a very good question.....very fair question to ask. I'm going to discuss this with my therapist.

Now that I'm thinking about it.....getting married, starting my business, etc., none of that was motivated by bitterness......

.....that's probably why I'm so bitter about it not working out.

People are generally negative. When I started at Cabela's in college, one of the things they ground into us was that if people have an exceptional customer service experience.....I'm talking like.....waiting in your car an hour after the store is closed to hand deliver an order of someone coming through on their way to a fishing trip?

On average, they'll tell two people about their experience.

If they have a mildly bad experience where they get pissed off?

On average, they'll tell eight people.

This forum is kind of a place to bitch....it is the internet after all. But you're right....I need to make more of an effort to think/act/be more positive.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:02 am

Fish Felon wrote:
Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Also, Felon, have you ever tried to do anything in life that wasn’t motivated by bitterness and resentment? Sheesh.

You know.....that's a very good question.....very fair question to ask. I'm going to discuss this with my therapist.

Now that I'm thinking about it.....getting married, starting my business, etc., none of that was motivated by bitterness......

.....that's probably why I'm so bitter about it not working out.

People are generally negative. When I started at Cabela's in college, one of the things they ground into us was that if people have an exceptional customer service experience.....I'm talking like.....waiting in your car an hour after the store is closed to hand deliver an order of someone coming through on their way to a fishing trip?

On average, they'll tell two people about their experience.

If they have a mildly bad experience where they get pissed off?

On average, they'll tell eight people.

This forum is kind of a place to bitch....it is the internet after all. But you're right....I need to make more of an effort to think/act/be more positive.

I think therapy will be very helpful and it seems you're already noticing patterns of thought that need to be improved on. Good for you, and I mean this seriously.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:32 am

I talk to "my therapist" every night for a half hour to an hour and a half. She never took me on as an official client because she wants to date me. I don't know why.....I've told her everything....told her I'm coming off a breakup via HRO after a near-suicidal speed binge almost got me locked up......she knows I'm unemployed and just bumming around in FL for the time being.

It's helped a lot having someone caring and understanding to talk to.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:37 am

i dont mind high price tags for non residents one bit. The amount of lower 48ers who come up here to hunt is insane. They arent necessarily taking opportunities from me but they are creating a huge demand for fly out hunts which allows the transporters to jack up their prices without any consequences. A good percentage of the well known transporters are getting 5 to 8 grand just for a DIY drop off hunt. Of and if you do get a moose tack on another grand to get it from the field back to the truck.
official sour toe member number 52,814

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:35 pm

Lol....its all supply and demand. Many of us might consider 1200 for an elk tag ridiculous but look at what a shiras tag goes at auction, or an antelope island deer tag goes for. Any of the governors tags... etc... bottom line is 1200 is a drop in the bucket for the insta-stars out there pimping themselves for likes and money. Born and Raised. Hunting Public, Meateater, Newberg, Gritty, Solo Hntr, Dan Stanton, etc... the list is endless and it's all in the name of "public land advocacy" which is a smoke/mirror concept for "the more people we get to like us on social media the more money we make". Same clowns walk around with "Public Land Owner" shirts left and right and spend alot of time drinking microbrews at BHA pint nights. It's all for show, clicks, likes and subscribe....

Randy newberg had an asinine video a few weeks back where he sat down with his millenial/genz staff and they "were going to finally settle the debate: is social media bad for hunting" blah blah blah.... it ultimately ended up being him talking about how he's too old to care and 3 staff that got into hunting because of social media sitting around saying were doing some good therefore it cancels out the bad...i.e. Lets pat ourselves on the back

DD is correct it has absolutely exploded out west and no signs of slowing. Price hike to 1200 is only the tip of the iceberg.

Matt Rinella has it right.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:56 pm

Mallard_maniac wrote:Lol....its all supply and demand. Many of us might consider 1200 for an elk tag ridiculous but look at what a shiras tag goes at auction, or an antelope island deer tag goes for. Any of the governors tags... etc... bottom line is 1200 is a drop in the bucket for the insta-stars out there pimping themselves for likes and money. Born and Raised. Hunting Public, Meateater, Newberg, Gritty, Solo Hntr, Dan Stanton, etc... the list is endless and it's all in the name of "public land advocacy" which is a smoke/mirror concept for "the more people we get to like us on social media the more money we make". Same clowns walk around with "Public Land Owner" shirts left and right and spend alot of time drinking microbrews at BHA pint nights. It's all for show, clicks, likes and subscribe....

Randy newberg had an asinine video a few weeks back where he sat down with his millenial/genz staff and they "were going to finally settle the debate: is social media bad for hunting" blah blah blah.... it ultimately ended up being him talking about how he's too old to care and 3 staff that got into hunting because of social media sitting around saying were doing some good therefore it cancels out the bad...i.e. Lets pat ourselves on the back

DD is correct it has absolutely exploded out west and no signs of slowing. Price hike to 1200 is only the tip of the iceberg.

Matt Rinella has it right.

Matt Rinella does have it right and he's honestly the better writer between him and Steve.

Although I will say, while no hunting influencers are good for hunting, there is a hierarchy to it. Like I'm not gonna put Meat Eater on the same level as those Bowmar co(ksuckers.

That gritty bowmen guy crying about not getting a tag in Arizona while simultaneously taking money from Arizona Fish and Game to promote hunting in AZ is one of the best self-owns I've ever seen.

In my 20s I really thought I was going to be a waterfowl hunter for life. I honestly didn't imagine ever wanting to do anything besides make it to ND as many times a year as I could afford, so I never even gave the idea of buying points a second thought. Maybe I would mix it up some years and hunt SD or NE. Now I'm older, I've killed a lot of ducks, but I can finally afford to go out west and hunt, and apparently every d!ckhead with a smart phone has already beat me to it.

It's gonna take 5 years to get a general elk tag in Wyoming by 2025. Bet that.

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:22 pm

^^^^ I actually dont mind the people like Bowmars. I see them similar to Primos, Lee & Tiffany, Michael Waddell, etc.... where they either hunt their home or they do private/guided hunts. No qualms with any of those people because if they attract more attention to guided hunts then its the guided crowd that has to deal with the price hikes. If you're referring to his poaching charges, I get it and don't disagree but almost all those guys have had issues at some point so it's hard for me to single one out and not the others....

It's the public land drum beaters that have really thrown a proverbial wrench into things. I could digest/stomach it if I thought any of them genuinely cared about anything other than making money but they don't. They might talk about it, say they do or give a heartfelt 5 minute speech about how the animals or public lands are so important to them but ultimately they're there to make an income and not have to get a real job. And in turn it's messing with everyone else's livelihood so that they don't need to actually work. I'm all for people making money, afterall ranchers graze cattle on federal land all the time, timber harvests, etc... but there's transparency there. You know the juice is worth the squeeze. In the case of the social media crowd it's 100% a lie. If they cared so deeply about elk or public lands they would stop their marches because they're sacred public lands are full. But that wouldn't pay the bills at home and buy new trucks.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:43 pm

Mallard_maniac wrote:^^^^ I actually dont mind the people like Bowmars. I see them similar to Primos, Lee & Tiffany, Michael Waddell, etc.... where they either hunt their home or they do private/guided hunts. No qualms with any of those people because if they attract more attention to guided hunts then its the guided crowd that has to deal with the price hikes. If you're referring to his poaching charges, I get it and don't disagree but almost all those guys have had issues at some point so it's hard for me to single one out and not the others....

It's the public land drum beaters that have really thrown a proverbial wrench into things. I could digest/stomach it if I thought any of them genuinely cared about anything other than making money but they don't. They might talk about it, say they do or give a heartfelt 5 minute speech about how the animals or public lands are so important to them but ultimately they're there to make an income and not have to get a real job. And in turn it's messing with everyone else's livelihood so that they don't need to actually work. I'm all for people making money, afterall ranchers graze cattle on federal land all the time, timber harvests, etc... but there's transparency there. You know the juice is worth the squeeze. In the case of the social media crowd it's 100% a lie. If they cared so deeply about elk or public lands they would stop their marches because they're sacred public lands are full. But that wouldn't pay the bills at home and buy new trucks.

The counterpoint to the Michael "Boner Collector" Waddells of the world not being bad, would be that they have changed hunting culture for the worse and have commodified access. I get we live in a free-market society, but that doesn't mean outfitting has been good for joe bag-a-donuts, who used to be able to help a guy out in turn for permission to hunt the land outside of town. Now that same land is leased so some out of towner can come in and shoot a deer/elk in a day on a guided hunt and the local guy is locked out for a whole season. Hard for me have much more than contempt for someone that fu(ks over their fellow hunters like that.

This doesn't even delve into the kind of content the Busbice and Bowmar chodes create and the image it gives hunters.

I do agree tho, I find it very disingenuous when literally the only thing a lot of these influencers do for conservation is add #Constervation to an IG post of an animal they killed.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”