kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Re: This Stuff is Getting Out of Control....

Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:43 pm

For the amount of money and points it's going to take to win a elk tag you could probably do a haul road caribou hunt up here. Especially if you shoot a bow. Its bow only 5 mile buffer on each side of the road. Bring up a bad ass tent rent a vehicle for 12 days and head north to the mountains then into the tundra on the north slope

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:07 pm

The deer hunting culture is completely out of control. Sitting in a thousand dollar cubicle ($#!thouse) on stilts is not hunting. By definition they aren’t even “outside” or “outdoors”

Then add food plot expenses… just to “deer hunt”… shit, there has to be an economical line somewhere within reason.

Have you guys heard that Manitoba is going to a limited lottery waterfowl license similar to SoDak? As if there’s not enough space and waterfowl to go around up there? WTF?

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:22 pm

Quack wrote:The deer hunting culture is completely out of control. Sitting in a thousand dollar cubicle ($#!thouse) on stilts is not hunting. By definition they aren’t even “outside” or “outdoors”

Then add food plot expenses… just to “deer hunt”… shit, there has to be an economical line somewhere within reason.

Have you guys heard that Manitoba is going to a limited lottery waterfowl license similar to SoDak? As if there’s not enough space and waterfowl to go around up there? WTF?

It’s crazy how much it ratchets up every year it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:58 am

I thought hunter numbers are down???
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:41 am

emptymag wrote:I thought hunter numbers are down???

Not when it comes to western big game hunting.

Just look at a lot of these influencers who never hunted at any point in their life but are now using it to boost their social media profile. As much as I love Jocko, he's a prime example of this.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:26 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/mu ... eed&ei=383

^ Another celeb bro hunter caught with his pants down
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:44 am

kwackkillncrew wrote:i dont mind high price tags for non residents one bit. The amount of lower 48ers who come up here to hunt is insane. They arent necessarily taking opportunities from me but they are creating a huge demand for fly out hunts which allows the transporters to jack up their prices without any consequences. A good percentage of the well known transporters are getting 5 to 8 grand just for a DIY drop off hunt. Of and if you do get a moose tack on another grand to get it from the field back to the truck.

What is even is worse is all the lower 48ers who move to Alaska. :D

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:24 pm

My buddy is planning on moving to AK to get residency to shoot a sheep, grizzly and a caribou. He already has a couple AK moose. Then he is going to move back unless he likes it up there.

If MN keeps on its ultra liberal path I might be retiring in AK and wintering in Mexico.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:42 pm

emptymag wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/muley-freak-s-erik-van-woerkom-charged-with-felony-possession-of-trophy-mule-deer/ar-AA1872Vp?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=0d3c6f9195f344c38f4fad7d39568eed&ei=383

^ Another celeb bro hunter caught with his pants down

Should call himself felony freak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Re: RE: Re: This Stuff is Getting Out of Control....

Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:42 pm

Nershi wrote:My buddy is planning on moving to AK to get residency to shoot a sheep, grizzly and a caribou. He already has a couple AK moose. Then he is going to move back unless he likes it up there.

If MN keeps on its ultra liberal path I might be retiring in AK and wintering in Mexico.
He might as well try to shoot a goat as well. Theres some fairly "easy" goat hunts if you dont mind dealing with big ol brown bears. My buddy had to DLP a bear this year while up in the mountains goat hunting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”