Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Weather 2023

Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:16 pm

The imminent drought is looming.....yessss!!

Screenshot_20230612-191450_Chrome.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:34 pm

My yard has been absolutely raped last few years...luckily I don't care too much.

As of now looking like a pretty hot and dry summer...I think at my house we've had one significant rainfall event this spring/summer and that was like 2 weeks ago

Hopefully the pond at the property is already low gonna go check it out soon and set game cameras

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:38 pm

F this smoke! Can we send Canada a bill or something? I suppose Biden is sending them our money already.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:29 pm

Does anyone else remember having smoke like this in the past? We had it like 2 yrs ago? And I remember when the boundary waters burned several years ago we had it...I don't remember having smoke from wildfires like this before it is incredibly annoying

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:14 am

I don't remember it as a kid but fuggggg.....I'd say this is the third summer in the last seven....maybe eight to have smoke.

This one is going to be the worst though. The two previous summers I can remember were caused by the BWCA fires, as mentioned, and western wild fires....as in Western US.

These Canadian ones are early and massive and barring strong winds out of the S and E.....minority of our winds.....we're inhaling smoke. Canada doesn't put this type of shit out....they just let them burn.....these fires will literally burn until winter.....nine million acres were burning at the start of this.....Yellowstone is two million acres.....nine million is fukcing huge and just the start.

Thank God for EV's though, right?

HAHAHA!!!

What a fukcing joke. Smoke will fill our air space all summer to where it's hazy out whenever you can see.....artistic looking bright red sunsets......all from tend of millions of acres of boreal forest going from the ground to the atmosphere from fire......

.....but heaven forbid you drive a vehicle with combustion engine that burns gasoline and creates an trace of exhaust.

Funny how none of these climate scientists talk about how much carbon is entering our atmosphere from wildfirez.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:18 am

Taken at a quarter to eight.....sky was bright blue as fukc a couple weeks ago.....no blue....so much smoke we literally can't see the sky anymore.......more EV's are the answer, right?

Screenshot_20230615-001510_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:31 am

Forests: Log it or lose it.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:44 am

Fish Felon wrote:
Funny how none of these climate scientists talk about how much carbon is entering our atmosphere from wildfirez.

There isn't any money to be made with that.

Kinda like when California was burning for several summers. No scientist wanted to talk about how much carbon that was producing and how forestry could have prevented those fires, the carbon release and property loss. Nope, we gotta push the green new deal. The drought must have caused the fires and the drought was surely caused by man man climate change.

The whole human caused climate change deal reminds me of Covid. Pick the scientist that fit the agenda.

It would be interesting if someone actually published the carbon release from these fires this summer compared to what humans produce in North America.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:51 pm

I've seen some talk about climate activists purposely setting fires to drive climate change thesis...anyone think any are? Even if it's a very small minority of the fires? Seems like a bit of a stretch to me but...I dunno I don't really follow this stuff or social media but was interesting

I just caught some comments regarding it looking at some of the pics taken

And like felon said came across the comments from ex Canadian fire service personnel saying the same thing...many fires they don't/won't attempt to put out and they'll burn through winter. They will attempt to protect infrastructure/cities/ etc if in peril but if it's in the middle of nowhere fugg it, it burns

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:26 pm

Carbon additive effects of climate change are heavily studied and discussed. Doesn't mean any media outlets actually care when the sitting President is a candidate for Memory Care and his top rival is being indicted and the fires are creating crazy skies and cancelling little Johnny's baseball game

No one cares: there isn't a headline.

The potential biggest concern is the longer stretches of drought is intensifying fires and burning the duff at temperatures that kills off seedlings that would normally grow once the canopy has burned up. Additionally, the fires can burn hotter than the tree bark can handle and basically turns the trees to cinder where before they might survive in some fashion and their rood systems would help to keep soil substrates intact (Quack- this about right?)

Generally- every ass hat on this planet is a net contributor, whether they glue their hands to basketball courts or drive a bond-o RAM with an American flag waving from the stake pocket.

Too many phucking people on this planet..... and no one has 2nd hand smoke lung capacity anymore so they're choking to death.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”