Mergie Marauder

MLB Pitch Clock

Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:15 am

Went to my first Twins game Tues.

1st pitch- 6:40
Left @ top of 8th with game in hand
Dropped a compadre at his house
Home by 9:30

When my kids were in elementary school their class would sing the National Anthem. We'd leave the game in 5th or 6th inning, it was after 10:00, and every phucking time we'd say, "JFC it's 9:XX and it's only the Xth inning?" We would never go to weekday game to watch 60%.

I have to say, I'm a fan. The pace is better, it's easier to watch, and my old ass can get home, dump the sh!tty ass food and over priced beer, and be in bed by 10:00.

No opinion on the bigger bags, etc., but so far enjoying faster games. Listening on the radio is better, too. Less dead air those ass-hats need to fill.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: MLB Pitch Clock

Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:13 pm

I could never get in to baseball due to the slow pace. The games Ive been too we’d leave by the 5th to head to a bar. I might have to try to watch a game or two.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:01 am

I love baseball. I know it's cliche, but they really are the boys of summer. The only reason why installed an actual radio in my boat is because MLB is the only sport to not allow you to stream it on your phone and play on Bluetooth.....too many local affiliates as part of their gig, which I also love, which I also love.....I love hearing small town radio commercials.

I used to go to a fair amount....10-15 games a year
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:32 pm

A large piece of me died yesterday.

Horrible experience all around between the weather and food, left at the 7th in stretch.

Glad I didn’t buy the tickets, I see why the seats are mostly empty. Work had a pile of tickets last year and no one would take them, they couldn’t even give them away. Truly one of the most boring things I’ve done.

C4812DE8-13E4-456B-ABED-171D7FCCE5C1.jpeg
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:08 pm

I’m not sure I believe people when they tell me they like watching baseball. Anytime I’ve been to a game I look around and everyone is just on their phone or walking around not watching the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 02, 2023 12:03 am

Lol

Inaugural season at target field my bank tried to give me tickets.

I took them. Game was cancelled. Rescheduled for goose opener. Never been to target field

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 02, 2023 1:48 pm

emptymag wrote:A large piece of me died yesterday.

Horrible experience all around between the weather and food, left at the 7th in stretch.

Glad I didn’t buy the tickets, I see why the seats are mostly empty. Work had a pile of tickets last year and no one would take them, they couldn’t even give them away. Truly one of the most boring things I’ve done.

It sounds like you didn't drink enough beer.

Why didn't you sit closer?

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed May 03, 2023 9:47 pm

Nershi wrote:
emptymag wrote:A large piece of me died yesterday.

It sounds like you didn't drink enough beer.

Why didn't you sit closer?

My niece was supposed to throw out the first pitch because she has a form of epilepsy. Her family got free tickets through the epilepsy foundation or something like that. No beer. I would’ve left after she threw the ball but the whole family was there and I didn’t want to be that guy
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun May 07, 2023 6:02 am

+1 on the food sucking. The game I made it to was $1 Dog night.... it was tube turd on a bun slapped together by some Delaware North temps that apparently had one directive: don't run out of stock- so a gargantuan pile was made of steamed dogs in buns wrapped tighter than a blunt sitting under the heat lamps. Brutal.

And this Spring absolutely blows.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”