Mergie Marauder

Re: State Park Tour

Wed May 10, 2023 10:07 pm

Hmm I'm thinking the dirt road for all this work

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 12, 2023 8:17 am

Better get to Upper Sioux Agency SP real quick if you want to check that one off the list.....

https://m.startribune.com/minnesota-poi ... lmob=y&c=n

What a shame.....the land could be privately owned cornfields instead.....wonder how those fukcers would like that alternative?
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 12, 2023 8:40 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Hmm I'm thinking the dirt road for all this work

:)

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon May 15, 2023 8:31 am

Go NOW this week to Mineopa SP just W of Mankato to view the waterfall there.(major rains the last week).
You may want to hit Blue Mounds or Pipestone on the same swing in the SW region while it's relatively nice(not overly hot) out, maybe a single over night stay in SW MN.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 15, 2023 10:35 am

MLDS.......if you do get down in SW Mn, Lake Shetek State Park has a lot of History with the Settlers/Indian uprising, quite a few areas to view, Lake Shetek is a typical Southern lake , Fort Ridgely by Fairfax also has alot of History as well........the rest of the State Parks down here I really have no info on them................
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 15, 2023 1:01 pm

9manfan wrote:MLDS.......if you do get down in SW Mn, Lake Shetek State Park has a lot of History with the Settlers/Indian uprising, quite a few areas to view, Lake Shetek is a typical Southern lake , Fort Ridgely by Fairfax also has alot of History as well........the rest of the State Parks down here I really have no info on them................

Stayed at Shetek for a phez opener a few years back. Really nice facilities there. Aside from hitting a deer right at the entrance it was really nice.

Heard Shetek had some winter kill out there this year sadly.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 15, 2023 1:17 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:
9manfan wrote:MLDS.......if you do get down in SW Mn, Lake Shetek State Park has a lot of History with the Settlers/Indian uprising, quite a few areas to view, Lake Shetek is a typical Southern lake , Fort Ridgely by Fairfax also has alot of History as well........the rest of the State Parks down here I really have no info on them................

Stayed at Shetek for a phez opener a few years back. Really nice facilities there. Aside from hitting a deer right at the entrance it was really nice.

Winter kill was pretty bad out there this year, it didn't kill everything but got alot, way too much snow. Wife and I have seasonal camper few miles north of State Park, spend alot of time out there and duck hunt the area.
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 15, 2023 1:30 pm

9manfan wrote:
Drunk_Dynasty wrote:

Winter kill was pretty bad out there this year, it didn't kill everything but got alot, way too much snow. Wife and I have seasonal camper few miles north of State Park, spend alot of time out there and duck hunt the area.

That too bad. I suppose it happens with a lot of SW MN lakes. Hopefully it bounces back quick. I like that part of the state.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 15, 2023 10:42 pm

Thanks!

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 15, 2023 11:00 pm

Well probably have to hit some this summer and fall to make up to her not going to Idaho Saturday with her and her family lol. My dad is having cataract surgery before she comes home and asked me to drive him around...don't really feel like spending the money to fly home early

Plus our dog is a handful we don't really have a trusted sitter yet. She's been asking around the local FB pages and stuff to find us one for the future as we'd like to do some traveling. But for this trip probably easiest just for me to stay home with him

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”