lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Rum, Tequila...

Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:20 pm

Anyone into "southern hemisphere" booze?

I've never gotten into tequilla. Don't care, it all tastes too close to bad Cuervo nights.

Rum though, while I can't stomach Bacardi after the age 18-24 period, I find interesting and a nice change from whiskeys (throw them all in: bourbon, scotch, etc). I've been drinking whiskeys30+ years, starting to explore the light and dark side of rums.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: Rum, Tequila...

Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:59 am

A friend got me a bottle of captain Morgan silver, man is that stuff smooth
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:15 am

Hard booze I've always stuck with whiskey just seemed to always treat me right even if I had too much

Gf used to drink tequila I had a few sips just not for me

But neither is her current go to Crown Vanilla friggin disgusting

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:08 pm

Don’t really drink anymore. Gonna try to get back into it tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bigdog
Coot Commander

Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:27 pm

Normally drink whiskey and I do not care for the spiced rums. However, I do enjoy a dark rum and coke. Try Lamb's Navy rum or Pusser's.

I have had very good Tequila and enjoyed it straight, unfortunately don't recall the name. Too expensive to buy bottles and hope, have a couple that were not what I wanted.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:56 pm

Sometimes it is fun to bust in to the rum and bring out the inner pirate. It can make people get a little buck. I usually regret it in the morning. Sugary booze = hangover.

I have never wanted anything to do with tequila. Never had a bad experience in my younger years because I could never drink enough to get there. I can choke down the quality silver but most of it is instant gag reflex and I’m not a pussy like that with any other booze. I don’t even enjoy it in mixed drinks like a margarita.

If you plan to go to rural Mexico stock up where you fly or drive in before driving to the village. I drank my lifetime fill of cheap rum and scotch whiskey in our 8 day trip last year because that is all they had. Life lessons.

I’ll stick to my northern hemisphere booze - whiskey, gin and vodka. Primarily whiskey.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”