Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Zuck vs. Musk

Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:50 am

Kabib is not the goat. I don’t think he fought the competition or had the longevity for it. I think we just go off resume and skills, it’s clearly Jon Jones.

If we are going off competition and who was the best “champion”, (no roids, no law run ins, amount of title defenses) I think I’d go with GSP or Anderson Silva.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:31 pm

Once again, you're letting your hatred of all things Russian blind you from the truth.

Khabib was 29-0 and lost one round in his entire career....to peak Conor McGregor. 155 was full of HOF'ers at the time so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Zuck vs. Musk

Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:32 pm

29-0 majority were against cans outside the UFC. Jon Jones is a two division champ and tore thru everyone for years longer than Kabib. Kabib simply doesn’t have the longevity.

For the record, I don’t hate Kabib, while I actually do think Jon Jones is a POS. Just hard to argue against Jones being the best ever, as horrible as a human being that he is. I’d be fine with Kabib being on the Mr Rushmore of MMA but he ain’t the GOAT

Also, although Kabib has no losses, you could make the argument that Charles Oliveira has fought and beat tougher competition that Kabib. Current champ Makachev is a stud, but his only great win is against Oliveira. The lightweight division is just stacked with talent and super competitive fighters. I think its probably the toughest division in the UFC. Just a ton of super athletic guys that are just too small to play any other sports, so the world's best athletes that aren't big dudes end up in that division, and it's still a pretty big drawing pool.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:53 am

Dude, you bring up the current champ Makachev....who do you think trained him?

Khabib

29-0.....with only losing one single round to Conor at his peak. People forget how good Conor was and Khabib fukcing worked him. The judges gave him the round just out of favoritism as the face of the UFC. Khabib worked him....toyed with him...used different styles each round just to show he could beat him striking, grappling, it didn't matter.

Look up it up on YouTube....Khabib would fight/spar four or more dudes in practice and work them all the same. Think about going at a dude after fighting three others and guess what....Makachev was one of the dudes.

The only reason why Khabib didn't have more longevity.....as if 29-0 isn't a lengthy career.....is because there was no one to fight him. He told Dana he had no one to fight him and said he was done, and he was right....there was no one else who could fight him. McGregor in his prime, Nate Diaz in his prime, Mazvidal, etc., besides Conor....no one else could even beat him in a round.....fuggin forget about any pipe dream of winning a match against him.

Khabib is the greatest ever....pound for pound he's better than Jon Jones, and I like Jones....don't get me wrong.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:09 pm

You’re making all the arguments, I just don’t think Kabib had the longevity against quality opponent the way Jones or even GSP did.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:52 am

Fair enough. We can agree to slightly disagree.....since I like both GSP and Jones. Arguments can be made for a lot of others too.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:59 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Fair enough. We can agree to slightly disagree.....since I like both GSP and Jones. Arguments can be made for a lot of others too.

Did u watch UFC290 last weekend?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”