Take-a-Gander
Mergie Marauder

Re: MN Is Now The First State To.....

Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:36 pm

Nershi wrote:Anybody have the actual copy of the bill language? A quick Google search on my phone and couldn’t come up with it.

News articles said paraphernalia is legal as well as the drug residue in it. Highly doubtful a fish bowl full of meth would be considered drug residue. I’d be interested to see if they defined what residue is in the law that passed.

I did the same and agree they don’t define “residue” is.

What Red states have legalized weed?

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:38 pm

Here is a good map that breaks it down by state.

https://disa.com/marijuana-legality-by-state

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:58 pm

Straight from the state statutes.

I think you'd be pushing it but as long as it's melted in the paraphernalia the way it legally reads, without any restriction listed for weight, or other definition for what "residual" means, I think you'd get off.

Without a definition of what residual is and no weight in grams for it, there is nothing that legally states it isn't possible to have a pound of residual crank in a giant crank pipe.

This is why I think this will be changed in a year. It'll either get repealed altogether or multiple legal definitions will be added to it.

Screenshot_20230803-205253_Chrome.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:10 am

Common definition of residual - remaining after the greater part or quantity has gone.

‘Yes mr judge the pound of meth was residuals by definition. We started with five pounds in that fish bowl and were down to residual amounts. The greater quantity had gone!’ :lol:

No doubt the state/tax payer will have a bunch of unnecessary court costs hashing over cases due to a poorly written statute that leaves lots of grey area.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:46 am

Nershi wrote:Common definition of residual - remaining after the greater part or quantity has gone.

Technically, after taking one rip the rest would be residual....since what's left is remaining after the greater part is gone. It's less than it was......

I'm not going to try it FYI, but I have to believe someone will.

Hell, if you're that big of a degenerate where you're hauling around pounds of meth anyways....why wouldn't you try it and give yourself a legit chance of getting off?
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:31 am

I have no doubt this will be tested with a court case soon. Either precedent will be set or they will have to make a revision to get rid of the grey area in this statute.

Politicians are not the brightest bunch.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:29 am

Or it will just go unenforced by:
Cops not writing tickets on it
Prosecutors plea bargaining down to something else

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”