maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Hunting 2023

Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:00 am

I've never mounted one but I'd kind of like to just kinda as a "in memory of" my dog once he's gone with a nice pic of him underneath it. Had the perfect pic couple years ago should have did it then. Guess I got kinda a goal to pursue since I really don't do it that much

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Hunting 2023

Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:00 pm

Pulled the cams down today...first pic Im pretty sure is my big one I was after but its a bad pic. Dec 28 lol. I was over it lil after Thanksgiving

But surprised to have these other two on cam this late in the year for our property. Thats the first pic of a split Ive ever gotten out there...be nice if hes around next year. Other one is a nice up and comer as well. Nice to know theres a couple more coming up behind the big one

big one.PNG

split.PNG
split.PNG (274.98 KiB) Viewed 713 times

eight.PNG
eight.PNG (155.93 KiB) Viewed 713 times

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Hunting 2023

Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:01 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:My father law does a 50 bird game farm hunt once a year with all his sons and son in laws. Honestly, I hate doing it. It’s so boring. But it’s free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep it's not that exciting but I am a duck guy so I will do one a year. If I can get our new dog trained properly I will do more pheasants in the field. But I will say I busted my ass last Sunday. Our buddy with the dog got sick so we had to do it without a dog. We hunted three hours hard and only got half of them. Heck of a workout though. Without snow they held so tight you would almost have to step on them to get them out of cover.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”