emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Used G&H mallard prices?

Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:32 pm

What’s used G&H mallards going for now days?

I’ve got 2 dozen mags with swivel heads on Texas rigs, 25 mags with swivel heads with 4oz j weights and 2 feeder butts in a large cabelas bag and a dozen standard size with 4 oz j weights.

9210AF9D-785B-411C-A9F1-C6EF2CF361C5.jpeg

804820C5-8C5C-4DFF-991D-F946473B07CB.jpeg
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: Used G&H mallard prices?

Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:34 pm

C7356B9B-AB76-4976-947E-CA4AFCC0C7DE.jpeg

5526A76E-7D0D-44E2-9F61-F4B8CC1598E1.jpeg

F69104E8-C3CF-4204-B3C1-DB0C204FF93D.jpeg

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:16 am

I'm not sure what the going rate is for them....

....all I know is that when I got divorced and had to sell my house in South Minneapolis. I sold all my decoys... had eight dozen G&H divers. Some were almost twenty years old.

I sold them for more than I bought them for. They're one of the few items I've ever made money off of....maybe the only items besides guns.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:25 pm

Might be able to get a couple hundo for them. I’d be curious what they sell for. I still hunt with g&h mallards and got em for $5 a piece rigged with line and weights at a garage sale.

I have bought lots of snow decoys in recent years but haven’t bought duck decoys in at least ten years until last week. My buddies old friend is getting out of duck hunting and sold me 135 decoys for $325. Don’t really need em but couldn’t pass up the price. Many never have been used. All rigged with line and weights and all came with bags. I’m gonna keep 4-5 dozen ducks and a dozen geese, all the weights and most of the bags and sell the rest for $5 a piece. Should come out with a profit. Mainly bought em for the g&h magnum bluebills. They are huge and should work great on big water diver hunts to draw attention from afar.

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:40 am

people would probably try to sell them for 20$ a decoy up here, used decoys up here are crazy stupid expensive.

Nershi, you ever take old beatup goose floaters and paint them into divers for big water? I have taken a few beat up goose floaters and have painted them in to golden eyes and a giant surf scoters, not sure if it makes much of a difference or not but ducks still try to land on them. typically throw them on the long line as the furthest decoy out. When i have paddle boarded out to pick up ducks and look back them massive decoys really stand out. When i used to hunt for puddlers i would throw out a swan decoy, the ducks really like to land ontop of that thing. Had the idea after seeing flocks of ducks swimming right behind the swans eating all the stuff they would kick up in the water.
official sour toe member number 52,814

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:50 pm

Yep I sure have kwack. My buddy and I did in the early college days when we figured out a great late season Goldie spot and needed more decoys and were broke as a joke. We cut the goose heads off and epoxied them back on to shorten the necks. Hindsight that is not needed but we were young and dumb then. They worked good. I have not seen those goose Goldie’s in years. My old reliable hunting buddy had kids and got in to elk hunting and that was the end of our duck hunting days. All his decoys are either sold or collecting dust. We made some homemade bilge pump decoys that were mint too. Good times.

I’ve also shot plenty of geese late season that I am convinced came in to the oversized ghg Goldie decs and to the call of course. Got several down from way up and they go straight for the Goldies.

These G&H decoys I got are damn near the size of geese decoys. Biggest duck decoys I’ve owned and I am sure they will work good to pull em from the distance.

I’ve come to realize ducks care a lot less about size, detail, color etc. Cool looking decoys attract hunters attention more than ducks. I hunt with a lot of ugly dark decoys with many missing heads when I run the big spread and it don’t matter a bit. I’d love to run a 2 liter bottle spread but I think I’d get tired of my hunting partners bitching about them constantly.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:59 pm

Well if someone wants to shoot me an offer, go for it.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:06 pm

Just realized there are way more decoys than I thought in emptymags post. Bet you can get a hundo a dozen with good condition decoys with weights.

Kwack my buddy said the same thing about Alaska decoys prices. He was about to buy my older tundra and all my older decoys and drive them up this spring. Timing didn’t work out. He is trying to get me to come up this fall for ducks, salmon and big trouts but probably not gonna happen.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:07 am

I think $100/doz is reasonable but I haven’t looked around.

One thing I say with selling stuff… I’d rather have the first guy pay my asking price than deal with a bunch of knuckleheads trying to whittle down the price so I price stuff accordingly.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”