kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Re: RE: Re: Patterning

Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:16 pm

emptymag wrote:[quote="kwackkillncrew"]i havent shot paper in years. I dont do much puddle duck hunting anymore and just do the ocean sea duck stuff. I use a patternmaster code black duck, i think. Most shots are 20 yards or less except for scoters which those shots typically are out around 30 to 40 just because how they decoy in the areas we hunt. Seems i either completely miss or they are stoned. Few years ago we were out on the salt and a flock of geese flew over and did the ol, i will give them one shot and see what happens, probably at 60 to 70 yards and stoned 1, ended up being a dusky which was pretty cool. I use that same choke no matter what i am doing, trap, skeet, 5 stand, or what ever i am hunting. Hoping i get lucky and find a moose early this year so then i can go hunt cranes and geese with my buddy up in delta junction, probably bring some 2 shot and some 4 shot boss and see how the boss works on the cranes. They are pretty tough birds but i think it will work out just fine. Delta gets a crazy crane migration and when you see a couple thousand cranes starting the tornado it is an amazing experience, can hardly hear your self think with how loud they are.

Boss shatters through a ported choke and blows the pattern. They have slow mo video of it.[/quote]I will have to check that out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Re: Patterning

Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:24 am

I like the idea of patterning but it’s a black hole of time, money, and confusion for me.

I don’t shoot paper unless I have a serious concern to figure out like “can I shoot a good turkey pattern with a fixed choke gun and whatever ammo I happen to have”

Otherwise, I just shoot and things tend to work just fine… it’s a shotgun not a sniper rifle!

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:09 am

emptymag wrote:
kwackkillncrew wrote:Boss shatters through a ported choke and blows the pattern. They have slow mo video of it.

What gun/choke are you having the best results with?

I haven't patterned any of it...but I know how my guns shoot. I have been having poor results with 4's and 5's, 3 inch 1.5oz...through several tubes including Carlsons and RR's. Some days the killing percentage is absolutely pathetic.
Dominate The Skies.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:09 pm

Bullet21XD wrote:
emptymag wrote:
kwackkillncrew wrote:Boss shatters through a ported choke and blows the pattern. They have slow mo video of it.

What gun/choke are you having the best results with?

I haven't patterned any of it...but I know how my guns shoot. I have been having poor results with 4's and 5's, 3 inch 1.5oz...through several tubes including Carlsons and RR's. Some days the killing percentage is absolutely pathetic.

I shoot 2 3/4” 1 1/4oz 4’s and 5’s through the factory benelli full or a carlsons extended full. A few old fixed choke guns that are mod or full.

I put the Trulock extended improved mod with boss 3” #1 towards the end of season or for late goose.

All my patterns would kill as far as I can reliably hit.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”