Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Anyone wanna buy a left handed Savage 220?

Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:55 pm

So the cabela’s website fu(ked up and they shipped me a left handed model. I know for fact I didn’t order the left handed model and my order confirmation even states it.

But because my dumb azz walked out of the store with it, they can’t exchange it or return it.

Incredible. Fu(k cabela’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by Drunk_Dynasty on Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Anyone wanna buy a left handed Savage 220?

Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:30 pm

See what Cabela's would buy it for? Explain the situation and be nice may be surprised...who knows especially if you say you are going to buy the right gun on top.of it

I won an over under..which I'd never use...on a gun calendar and brought it to Cabela's sold it to them brand new in the box never fired to put towards my auto...was pretty happy

But I stopped at Cabela's in Rogers for first time in 2-3 years the other week and place is a ghost town.

I don't think they are doing too well wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Cabela's stores close in coming years

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Anyone wanna buy a left handed Savage 220?

Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:25 am

I did that. The manager told me he would give me 65% of the new price.

While I was in the store, a guy came in looking for a cleaning kit for a rifle. The guy behind the counter told him all he needed was a bore snake. No solvent, no no oil, just a bore snake.

You don’t have bozos like that working at Scheel’s.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:13 am

Dang ya 65% ain't good. I think when I sold them that ou it was like $50 below new price. Sorry man

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:21 pm

That sucks dude.

Years ago I bought an ice fishing graph from cabelas that turned out to be a lemon. Cabelas basically said it’s between you and hummingbird and said good luck. I swore then I would never buy another expensive item from those bastards. I buy locally for expensive outdoor gear. I’ll spend more just for the peace of mind having a local dealer to back me up. Paid dividends on a lemon gun I purchased as well as an ice auger.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:46 am

I used to pretty much buy everything from Cabela's as far as clothing, waders and such, I haven't even looked at their site in years now, I buy everything from Rogers.....

You would think they would want to work something out for the gun, bad advertising.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:48 am

9manfan wrote:I used to pretty much buy everything from Cabela's as far as clothing, waders and such, I haven't even looked at their site in years now, I buy everything from Rogers.....

You would think they would want to work something out for the gun, bad advertising.......

I just don’t understand their logic. They will take zero loss making it right for their own mistake.

They can do the right thing, or lose me as a customer and have me cancel my club card. What a better business decision.

The nerve of this azzhole manager to offer me 65% of a brand new gun I literally walked out of the store with 18 hours earlier…..

But Rogers is superiors in every way.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:08 pm

Got rid of my card years ago and I buy what I need local or from rogers.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:35 pm

It honestly seems like with that kind of customer service...they are in stay alive mode. I was surprised what I saw when I was there I think they done within 5 years

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:56 pm

They are going to let me return the gun. Sent a very stern but polite email to the store manager, and he decided to let me return it. It’s a hassle but atleast I’m not stuck with it.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”