Re: Saturday

Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:02 pm

Good luck yall

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Saturday

Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:08 am

Nershi wrote:Good luck.

I really wish they would have kept the 4pm closure at the start of the season. I was in favor of a lot of the changes they made but that wasn’t one of them.
Yeah they probably should have. I got a wedding Friday so Saturday morning will nor work for me sadly.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:17 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:I'll be out there messing around in the extreme western edge of Minnesota. I really hate duck hunting in the rain. I feel like I never kill sh!t in anything more than a drizzle.

I can always walk around and jump shoot, which is likely what I'll end up doing. Still too warm to bring a fishing pole I think.
Looks like rain all day where I am headed at least a 50% most of the day. May have to resort to jump shooting. Looks like west is where most of the rain I the north guys will have little rain.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:12 pm

I won’t be camping out anywhere in the rain. Could be kinda fun since I’m so well set up for it.

Gonna hunt the same place I tried to hunt for teal season. Should be pretty killer if those damn high school kids don’t beat me to it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:46 pm

Well dad called today...while I was getting the blind ready lol. He wants to come work on my garage foundation Saturday.

It desperately needs it...I've asked him since winter lol.

First opener I'll miss since before I could even shoot.

I'd rather get him out hunting. He just won't let work rest. He's a stubborn one. I told him to just tell.me what to do and I'll fugging do it. I've been around constr my entire life just never really done structural stuff. But if he tells me I can do it...I installed an entire ac system with nothing but google. He won't let me lol

Hopefully I make it out Sunday and the work don't bleed over

Good luck y'all hope it's a good one

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:27 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Well dad called today...while I was getting the blind ready lol. He wants to come work on my garage foundation Saturday.

It desperately needs it...I've asked him since winter lol.

First opener I'll miss since before I could even shoot.

I'd rather get him out hunting. He just won't let work rest. He's a stubborn one. I told him to just tell.me what to do and I'll fugging do it. I've been around constr my entire life just never really done structural stuff. But if he tells me I can do it...I installed an entire ac system with nothing but google. He won't let me lol

Hopefully I make it out Sunday and the work don't bleed over

Good luck y'all hope it's a good one
Yep I hear you. This will be my first opener in a few years due to kids sports. I doubt I may may even shoot a duck given the forecast but will just be nice to get out of town. Killing just does not matter much anymore to me. When I was in my 20's I shot 100 ducks a year or close according to my logs. Now I don't care just fun to go.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:46 am

Geez MLDS… aren’t you and your dad retired/free from the work week?! Tell him you guys can do that shizz on Monday after two nice mornings in the newly renovated blind!

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:05 pm

Quack wrote:Geez MLDS… aren’t you and your dad retired/free from the work week?! Tell him you guys can do that shizz on Monday after two nice mornings in the newly renovated blind!

This. ^ Busiest guy I know. Wait until winter and he wants to go to Florida but still has work!
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:20 pm

Lol were not retired. His company is winding down but he's got a big job he's working on for several months m-f...this is when he could spare a carpenter to give me a hand...kinda at his mercy. Gotta do it before winter too so kinda a time crunch.

I don't have to necessarily be anywhere during the week but without being in front of a computer watching...I can't capitalize on any opportunities to make money. It's still a job...still gotta wake up, show up and perform. And I'm definitely not at a point in my life I can just say f it and not be there to try and capitalize on those opportunities for days or weeks at a time. I still don't even know if this is a long term deal I've been successful for years at it, work hard at it etc...but there's no guarantees I'm not gonna have to go back to the real world at some point

Really it's because of dad, he's super busy stressed out his business collapsed. I'm not gonna add to any of it by not just going with the flow when he's available to lend a hand.

It just needs to be done unfortunately

Good luck y'all hope you crush it

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:52 pm

IMG_20230923_124932054_HDR.jpg
No posts? How'd it go?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”