snowsnblues
Mergie Marauder

Re: The Fall of Minneapolis

Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:42 am

You can't talk like that. DD may get mad at you and call you names.... :lol: Agreed, win win!

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:32 pm

It may be cold as crap in Ely but you won't be hated by 75% of the residents like you would be in minneapolis. The people in Ely probably actually want police.

Ely recruiting cops by offering free canoe, outdoors gear

CHRISTINE SCHUSTER

2 HOURS AGO

The canoe incentive package is value at $3,800 and will be purchased from Ely retailers.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:40 pm

Does Ely need more police?

As much as I see the lack of police and the low morale as an issue in Minneapolis.....

....I see the overabundance of police in out-state MN as also being a problem. A lot of departments have become very good at Grant writing and keep adding to their forces under federal COPS grants.....where essentially....the first three years the feds subsidize a new hire ninety five cents to the dollar. I've seen where some counties have used AIS enforcement grant money to use as the roughly 5% match in local funding.

I'm not anti-police.....I'll anti-big government. Bloating police forces as a form of job creation and then quietly putting their salary on the books after three years and raising property taxes....when there isn't a need for more officers, but a need for jobs....is a joke.

It hurts commerce, causes issues in communities.

Police are first responders.....and they should always be thar. There should be a problem that they are called to.....they shouldn't be out driving around trying to pull people over for any little thing....they shouldn't be out trying to "find crime" because then they end up often "creating crime," usually through DWI enforcement. If some guy is all over the road....fair game, he's being an idiot....but don't follow people for ten plus miles hoping they swerve at some point and give them a reason to be stopped. Don't hunt people like that. It hurts commerce....badly imo.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: The Fall of Minneapolis

Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:38 am

Fish Felon wrote:Does Ely need more police?

As much as I see the lack of police and the low morale as an issue in Minneapolis.....

....I see the overabundance of police in out-state MN as also being a problem. A lot of departments have become very good at Grant writing and keep adding to their forces under federal COPS grants.....where essentially....the first three years the feds subsidize a new hire ninety five cents to the dollar. I've seen where some counties have used AIS enforcement grant money to use as the roughly 5% match in local funding.

I'm not anti-police.....I'll anti-big government. Bloating police forces as a form of job creation and then quietly putting their salary on the books after three years and raising property taxes....when there isn't a need for more officers, but a need for jobs....is a joke.

It hurts commerce, causes issues in communities.

Police are first responders.....and they should always be thar. There should be a problem that they are called to.....they shouldn't be out driving around trying to pull people over for any little thing....they shouldn't be out trying to "find crime" because then they end up often "creating crime," usually through DWI enforcement. If some guy is all over the road....fair game, he's being an idiot....but don't follow people for ten plus miles hoping they swerve at some point and give them a reason to be stopped. Don't hunt people like that. It hurts commerce....badly imo.
No idea but probably not the easiest place to attract cops given its like 25 below all winter.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:36 am

yeah but your not dealing with any homies other then the few that go there to play football. the ely cops did probably get sick of driving out to winton to be the party police for our house though.

I was walking to my buddies house from a party once with a half case a beer and a cop pulled over to talk to me. Asked what i was doing and i told him i was too drunk to drive and was walking home. Threw my beer in the trunk jumped in the back seat and he drove me to where i was going. Pretty nice guy
official sour toe member number 52,814

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”