Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Used Vehicle Shopping

Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:22 pm

Hunted out of an hand me down minivan my entire 20s. Honestly it worked great. Will do everything you need it to in MN and almost everything in the Dakotas.

Give me an Astro Van that can pull an OHV out west and I’d be totally fine with that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:50 pm

A 4wd van with added clearance and some good tires would be a sweet hunting machine. Imagine the snow jumps you could do with a sliding side door with the back full of shooters.

My new tundra beeps at me like crazy. The safety features are almost overboard. The seat belt heap is obnoxious. Reminds me that I need to order some of these. Kills the beep and doubles as a beer opener.

https://www.amazon.com/TIKIT-The-Tikit- ... 21dd19a050

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:06 pm

The last few posts are what turned me on to a Nissan titan sv. Very little safety shit or sensors plus the engine stays in v8 mode all the time unlike my Silverado I had before it.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:50 pm

If they made basic vehicles with no computers and no electronics other than your stereo that was priced right they’d sell like crazy. At least in this area they would. Bring back the original Tacoma, tundra, Acord, Camry etc that ran forever and were super affordable. Maybe with the insane prices of new vehicles manufacturers might start considering this.

I’m gun shy on Nissan’s due to major engine failure risk but I am far from a truck expert. Maybe those kinks have been worked out.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:29 am

There was a guy we hung out with had a badass lifted e350 4x4 modded diesel...thing was hilarious. A van hooked up to a 16k trailer doing burnouts lol

I'm 12 yrs behind I guess so maybe I have no idea what a new vehicle is like and all the annoying stuff.

A guy s deer camp spent 100k on a brand new top of the line Silverado Duramax... absolutely insane he caught all kinds of shit. Now...he does use it he's a roofing contractor. But if you actually needed it and were racking up 30-40,k a year...why wouldn't you get a bare bones commercial truck and save 20,k at least.

I've considered getting my same truck with low miles since I already know how to work on it etc.

I dunno I mean if I really wanted to

...I could just keep repairing this thing. Am I really going to spend 45k over 5 yrs on repairs on this truck? No

The biggest problem is the rust. I have so many rock chips rusting everywhere from caravans in the Dakotas scouting. I doubt in 2 yrs the windshield will stay in place and the cab remains waterproof lol

I honestly give zero shits of the looks I love this truck. I don't care what my truck looks like or what people think of me etc.

And with my current driving...I probably could keep driving it a while

Maybe just get the gf a newer car, keep hers as a spare and repair mine as needed for the few times I legitimately need a truck anymore.

Well see I guess. I honestly don't even want to deal with it I'm a status quo guy. I had to charge my cell phone at the absolute perfect angle for ,6 months ...then it stopped charging completely and i tried getting it to work for 3 days and down to 10% battery before getting a new one

snowsnblues
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:44 am

I for the most part hate all the "new" computers, alarms, cameras, ect. on new vehicles. I will say the back up camera is pretty slick for backing up to a boat or utility trailer though.

snowsnblues
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:46 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:I’m looking right now as well.

Trying to decide if getting a cam shaft replaced on my 2011 Ram with 204k miles on it will be worth it or if I should get a new vehicle. The prices right now are just stupid. If I can get another 60k out of my truck I think it would be worth it but it’s such a gamble on an older vehicle.

You should probably get a Subaru.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:27 am

Honestly...the politics is overplayed it's all fake anyways. One thread is enough. Once you realize politics is completely fake...you'll never be more free in your life.

snowsnblues
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:43 am

Oh, I agreed with ya. I dislike and distrust ALL politicians!

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:50 am

snowsnblues wrote:Oh, I agreed with ya. I dislike and distrust ALL politicians!

He was politely trying to ask you not to derail this thread, dipsh1t.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”