Mergie Marauder

Re: Winter?

Wed May 01, 2024 9:06 pm

Alaska don't have ticks?

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Thu May 02, 2024 12:48 pm

after some googling there apparently are some, yet I have never found one or have ever herd of anyone having ticks on them up here. with all the hunting , hike in fishing and land surveying i spend a pile of time in the woods and have never found one on my self or dogs. I dont look for them on me but if there was one i am sure i would notice it after a few days. To busy looking out for big brown critters
official sour toe member number 52,814

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 03, 2024 6:04 am

Deer ticks are awful. I had Lyme right before Easter… by far the worst I’ve ever felt. Two weeks on doxycycline hopefully took care of it. My dog ran for a couple hours yesterday and was covered in them- I’ve never seen so many on a dog.

I was mostly on the atv yesterday but I did a bunch of trail clearing so I definitely could have picked up a few. I’m pretty careful about checking at the end of the day and I have several pairs of pants treated with permethrin.

I also tend to wear knee high socks and spray sown the socks and boots with deet or picaridin

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat May 04, 2024 10:57 pm

Dang hopefully you're all good

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 10, 2024 6:26 am

No ticks this year....fire man....fire
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 10, 2024 6:28 am

Burn the woods....gets rid of ticks
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Sun May 12, 2024 6:27 am

Totally agree. Wish there was a lot more fire out there

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 20, 2024 12:14 pm

My parents, sisters, brother-in-laws, and their contingent of little kids, plus my youngest sister's dog.....went up and hiked the trail to check out the deer hunting property on Mother's Day....

....not a single tick found on anyone after a few hours in the woods.

One of my brother-in-laws had a trail cam he wanted to check on the way back to...so their kids drove with my folks back to the cabin so he and my sister could go check it....about an hour in the woods he said....easily had a hundred, maybe a buck twenty of ticks on them.

Worst year for ticks in history and yet none on the property I torched. It's countless little dividends like that which I didn't even think about that are starting to add up.....it took a lot of time and work to fully burn 70 acres or so....and avoid the authorities, made the incident report a couple times, but it's already well worth it.

There's plenty of trail cam pics showing deer with a ton of ticks on them. It might be a minor stressor, but it's definitely a stressor I'm sure they're looking to avoid.

Burn your property....seriously...it needs it. Whenever there's a red flag warning light that shit up....it's the only time it'll actually burn.

I'm convinced that MN.is the hotbed for Lyme's that it is due to none of the forest region seeing fire for a hundred years now. The woods need fire to be natural.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”