Take-a-Gander
Mergie Marauder

Re: Indians...Sioux In Particular

Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:05 pm

I am originally from Iowa and plan on moving back. Red state with a kick ass no bullshit governor! No tax on retirement income, unlike this liberal POS commie state. Minnesota taxes your SS income, total crap! Paying tax on a tax

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:51 pm

Iowa?

F the hat state. lol corn rows and deer leases.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:00 pm

Quack wrote:Iowa?

Yeah I'm really scratching my head at Iowa, of all states. I could do Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Arkansas, Wisconsin, either Dakotas (neither really preferable), but I sure as shit wouldn't move to IOWA. I don't have a hate boner for MN like ya'll do cause of the weirdos in the metro tho. The state simply has too natural amenities.

Historical falsehoods and overt racism aside, I do agree with Felon that a land transfer of that size would not only be morally wrong, but economically wrong and really just entirely unfeasible. I don't agree with the transfer of the state park, and the ear marked money to replace only makes slightly easier to swallow. The White Earth Land transfer will never happen tho, its just a few local politicians with character defects looking to make a name for themselves, I doubt they even believe it's possible themselves.

bigdog
Coot Commander

Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:32 pm

Senate tabled bill.
From MPR "After at times emotional testimony, the Senate Environment, Climate and Legacy Committee on Thursday voted to table a proposal to transfer White Earth State Forest land to the White Earth Nation, a tribal nation located east of Fargo. Because the bill was laid on the table, it could come up for action at a later date."
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2024/03/07/after-fierce-testimony-lawmakers-pump-the-brakes-on-return-of-white-earth

Take-a-Gander
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:47 pm

8-)
Quack wrote:Iowa?

No lease for me….i have some connections

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:33 am

Like most of you my entire family and my wife’s entire family is here. I think once our parents pass and my kids are out of the house I’m out of this state.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

snowsnblues
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:52 am

Unless you like high taxes and libtard bs policies there's nothing to stay for here. California of the midwest. Sad cause the state does have a fair amount to offer for the outdoors person.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:05 pm

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:18 am

Just democrats trying to drive race division. The party that screams racism all the time are the ones that are racists. Party of hypocrisy.

This should score some woke points for the reps that introduced this.

Does the MN house actually have authority to give land to a foreign nation?

snowsnblues
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:41 pm

I could care less. F this state.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”