emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: 10mm

Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:34 pm

I shoot several thousand rounds per year from sporting clays and trap to 22LR league, pistol, revolver, muzzleloader, buckshot, slugs, pattering shotguns and doing load development for my own rifles and for friends. Add in a prairie dog trip once in a while it’s pushing 3000-4000 a year.

One year(2018) I really got into 22LR competitions and shot just over 5000 rounds in testing and practice.

I shoot in all conditions except pouring rain, unless a comp is going on through it.

Still have guys that shoot better than me so there is that!
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 am

emptymag wrote:Still have guys that shoot better than me so there is that!

There's a lot that can be done in terms of practice and competition to help people become good shooters, and then worked on to continue maintaining that edge......

.....but Great shooters are born.

Guys that can hit a baseball so well they make it to the big show.....sharpshooters lacing threes in the NBA....and then Steph Curry still being head and shoulders above what are the best of the best of the very best....the 0.000001% percenters. It took a lot of practice and repetition to get to that level, but they were born with the talent required to achieve it.

Shooting is no different....like any other game of skill, dexterity, with a little bit of athleticism.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:01 am

emptymag wrote:I shoot several thousand rounds per year from sporting clays and trap to 22LR league, pistol, revolver, muzzleloader, buckshot, slugs, pattering shotguns and doing load development for my own rifles and for friends. Add in a prairie dog trip once in a while it’s pushing 3000-4000 a year.

One year(2018) I really got into 22LR competitions and shot just over 5000 rounds in testing and practice.

I shoot in all conditions except pouring rain, unless a comp is going on through it.

I sincerely wasn't directing the comment your way as previous discussions could tell you shot more than most. Your numbers make you an anomaly. Very few shooters get 1000 centerfire pistol/rifle rounds down range per year. Most rely on their heritage (I grew up around guns therefore need to practice less than most) or geography (I'm from a red state which automatically makes me a better shot) to substitute real range time. Heck a bulk of our orange army in MN struggle to get 100 rounds out of a rifle per year. Go to a bonafide range the Thurs or Fri before deer season and see how many are "just checking to making sure she's still on" with the same box of "shells" they bought 10 years ago. They also load their guns with "clips".

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:49 am

Mallard_maniac wrote:
emptymag wrote:I shoot several thousand rounds per year from sporting clays and trap to 22LR league, pistol, revolver, muzzleloader, buckshot, slugs, pattering shotguns and doing load development for my own rifles and for friends. Add in a prairie dog trip once in a while it’s pushing 3000-4000 a year.

I sincerely wasn't directing the comment your way as previous discussions could tell you shot more than most. Your numbers make you an anomaly. Very few shooters get 1000 centerfire pistol/rifle rounds down range per year. Most rely on their heritage (I grew up around guns therefore need to practice less than most) or geography (I'm from a red state which automatically makes me a better shot) to substitute real range time. Heck a bulk of our orange army in MN struggle to get 100 rounds out of a rifle per year. Go to a bonafide range the Thurs or Fri before deer season and see how many are "just checking to making sure she's still on" with the same box of "shells" they bought 10 years ago. They also load their guns with "clips".

I hear ya. The clip thing drives me nuts. My dad says it all the time. I gave up correcting him years ago.

A buddy and I when to the local range and just sat in lawn chairs watching people trying to sight in their rifles once the Saturday afternoon before deer opener. It was a lot of fun, might have to do that again.

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Re: RE: Re: 10mm

Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:08 am

emptymag wrote:[quote="Mallard_maniac"][quote="emptymag"]I shoot several thousand rounds per year from sporting clays and trap to 22LR league, pistol, revolver, muzzleloader, buckshot, slugs, pattering shotguns and doing load development for my own rifles and for friends. Add in a prairie dog trip once in a while it’s pushing 3000-4000 a year.

I sincerely wasn't directing the comment your way as previous discussions could tell you shot more than most. Your numbers make you an anomaly. Very few shooters get 1000 centerfire pistol/rifle rounds down range per year. Most rely on their heritage (I grew up around guns therefore need to practice less than most) or geography (I'm from a red state which automatically makes me a better shot) to substitute real range time. Heck a bulk of our orange army in MN struggle to get 100 rounds out of a rifle per year. Go to a bonafide range the Thurs or Fri before deer season and see how many are "just checking to making sure she's still on" with the same box of "shells" they bought 10 years ago. They also load their guns with "clips".[/quote]

I hear ya. The clip thing drives me nuts. My dad says it all the time. I gave up correcting him years ago.

A buddy and I when to the local range and just sat in lawn chairs watching people trying to sight in their rifles once the Saturday afternoon before deer opener. It was a lot of fun, might have to do that again.[/quote]You don't want to change your name to emptyclip? Haha

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:42 pm

My screen name on the old site was fullclip if I remember right…

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:48 pm

Maybe that 10mm was a bad idea. She blew up on me today, my hand is still half numb. Blew it out of my hand, blew the mag out. Brass is stuck in the barrel, frame is cracked in 3 spots. Trigger and the extractor are sheered off.

IMG_1648.jpeg

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:51 pm

IMG_1650.jpeg

IMG_1644.jpeg

IMG_1645.jpeg

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:47 am

That sucks! Glad your ok. Time for a wheel gun

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:28 pm

Good night! Abt idea what happened (spicy handload, buff bore, etc….)?

I’ve never seen it on flimsy’er polyguns, let alone glocks?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”