shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Re: What do you want to see for forums & categories?

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:55 pm

Some minor updates have been made. Regions & Zones are nested within a sub category, you guys will have to check it out and let me know if you like how it displays sub forums and an aggregate of active topics on the same page.

Trying to keep it minimal, I added additional outdoors forums and combined quite a bit. If we find that there is a lot of cross chatter down the road, we can look at splitting it up for better conversations.

I am on the fence about adding a religion/spirituality forum. The only reason is that I rarely see them get used, but will add it in a heartbeat if you will find it beneficial - just let me know.

I am hoping this is good for now, less is more!

Jsb
Coot Commander

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:56 am

Looks good except for the sub forums. I have never been a fan of using them. To much work to view, lol.
Using Tapatalk

WALKER
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:30 am

Jsb wrote:Looks good except for the sub forums. I have never been a fan of using them. To much work to view, lol.

I actually agree with ya. I only view the main forum. Less is better in my opinion.

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:43 am

Was just going to ask for a second vote on that motion, but Walker satisfied the request already. Regional/Zone forums are back under their own main category. I think this is already on the edge of too much, so I'll avoid adding anything unless there's an overwhelming demand for it.

I did enable the feature for you to click on any main category and be taken to all active topics within the forums in that category. I think it'll work out nice when you want to get a glimpse of overall reports in the state, and if you don't want to use it you don't have to :).

Thanks again for the input!

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:28 am

an alaska section where i can put up pictures of 8 dead mallard hens for 2 hunters and not get a warning for breaking the law!! just kidding....looks pretty good. I am sold on this site for sure
official sour toe member number 52,814

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:52 am

kwack, I simply had to shake my head when that all went down... talk about a turn off. The 1st person that does that with out asking/getting info 1st before reporting it, I'll kick them in the nuts!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:10 am

Looks good so far. I would suggest to keep it simple, or otherwise it becomes too confusing with too many options.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

lumbertick
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:43 am

h2ofwlr wrote: The 1st person that does that with out asking/getting info 1st before reporting it, I'll kick them in the nuts!

Al......easy now....there's no need for this to get violent :D

My $.02..which I have heard are now worth 37 dollars....is K.I.S.S

lt

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Remember that scene on Top Gun after he did the fly by and the flight controller is screaming "I'm want to kick some butt!" I thought of Kwack when he was reported.

You need to give a guy the benefit of the doubt for Pete's sake.... Lifes too plain too damned short!
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”