tyler
Mergie Marauder

Fines in nd/mn??

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:07 pm

What's the fine for lead ammo on public land in North Dakota and or Minnesota?
Just wondering.
Purely hypothetical....

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Fines in nd/mn??

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:45 pm

0 on WMA's in mn

sent from your bedroom closet
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:59 pm

ha

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:07 pm

$125. Google mn dnr payables and they are all there. Only $275 to use a live decoy as often as you want until they see you. Anyone know where I could find a tamey?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Trigger wrote:$125. Google mn dnr payables and they are all there. Only $275 to use a live decoy as often as you want until they see you. Anyone know where I could find a tamey?

125 if your duck hunting, right? Or did I miss a new law?

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:42 pm

gimpfinger wrote:
Trigger wrote:$125. Google mn dnr payables and they are all there. Only $275 to use a live decoy as often as you want until they see you. Anyone know where I could find a tamey?

Oh shyte. Yeah when your duck hunting, I read the original post completely wrong in my head. I don't think it's allowed on WPA's is it? Even for upland. It's been along time since I read the regs, I count on all my friends to keep me up to date.

I know lead is allowed on PLOTS on nodak.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Trigger wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:

Oh shyte. Yeah when your duck hunting, I read the original post completely wrong in my head. I don't think it's allowed on WPA's is it? Even for upland. It's been along time since I read the regs, I count on all my friends to keep me up to date.

I know lead is allowed on PLOTS on nodak.

No lead on WPA's at all. I won't hunt on them for just that reason. Steel sucks on roosters. I tried to do the "right" thing and use just steel for everything. I ended up so disgusted with amount of birds hit and lost or not dropped after being hit that I was to the the point of quitting or going back to lead.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:38 am

$125 is a bargain! They could double it and I wouldn't bat an eye. What a great bang for your buck.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:56 pm

so it's only 125$ for lead on publlic land in mn? that's it? practically free..... is there a long term penalty other than the fine, like loosing hunting privelages for a year or something?

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:41 pm

tyler wrote:so it's only 125$ for lead on publlic land in mn? that's it? practically free..... is there a long term penalty other than the fine, like loosing hunting privelages for a year or something?

Tread cautiosly my friend, there's some laws I don't like but abide because it's not worth the risk. I can still remember how effective lead was on waterfowl....all jokes aside I don't tamper with game and fish laws... Largely because CO's have a lot of discretion and authority. They can pretty much take your gun for expires tabs nowadays.

1st offense isn't a big big deal but a buddy ran into this a while back. Got his 2nd game and fish violation in 2 years (both related to party hunting) and real minor $$'s wise... I think they were 80$ tickets.... MN is part of a large hunting compact so if your rights are suspended here they are also cancelled in the 30+ other states. 2 infractions in 2 years, albeit minor, caused him to not hunt for a year. Wasn't a big deal in MN as he didnt hunt here much but really put a damper on his out of state hunts as well as a bummer for his buddies that normally would go with.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”