maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:22 am

Leftover brisket for lunch today

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:24 am

How many hours to get it done ?? What temp you take it to ?? Looks very good......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:33 am

Thanks it is pretty good! Put in at 6 PM Friday evening added chips til 12, and at 4:45 AM Saturday when I was getting ready to go hunting I checked it and the meat was at 195 degrees. I didn't think it would be that close to done, I was aiming for 203. Not wanting to risk it drying out, I wrapped it in foil and turned the smoker down to 200 degrees til I got back from hunting at 11 AM. I really wish I could have left the foil out because it made it a little too oily, would have liked to have cooked some more of the fat out. But I figured if I left it in there for 6 more hours while hunting uncovered it probably would have dried out.

Very moist, tender, just falls apart. Only complaint is the excess oil because I had to wrap in foil. Next time.

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:05 pm

tornadochaser wrote:Image

DU auto-5 12 gauge and DU auto-5 in 20 gauge. Got to dig through a gun safe last night full of queens like this.

nice a5's

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:41 am

Organic is great.

Geaux4me
Coot Commander

Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:16 pm

^
^
^
Apparently no frost by u last weekend?

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:54 pm

Geaux4me wrote:^
^
^

Nope nothing yield hurting within 5-10 miles of us anyways. Not much further than that and we figure there could be 30% plus loss to soybean yield as well as some pretty severe damage to corn.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:47 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:
^
^

Nope nothing yield hurting within 5-10 miles of us anyways. Not much further than that and we figure there could be 30% plus loss to soybean yield as well as some pretty severe damage to corn.

Vesta area got nailed. Youth day it was 33 deg at 4:30 am. Then Monday night they got a good frost too. Some corn looks like it should be picked just by how dead it is. Beans effed too. Seen two bean fields being harvested on the way home tonight.

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:47 pm

^
^

Vesta area got nailed. Youth day it was 33 deg at 4:30 am. Then Monday night they got a good frost too. Some corn looks like it should be picked just by how dead it is. Beans effed too. Seen two bean fields being harvested on the way home tonight.

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:43 am

gimpfinger wrote:
^
^

your mom...

Was actually through Vesta last night. From Lucan to Vesta the corn was looking pretty ugly. Most of the beans looked okay except anything that was late maturity, late planted or re planted in drowned out spots; they got nailed. Saw one combine going a mile east of Vesta. Their beans are definitely further along than down by Lamberton.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”