Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:51 pm

Fish Felon wrote:I think I'm done chopping for a little bit....almost died twice yesterday.......

lol w/ a barber chaired aspen in the picture.....

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:17 am

I love the teal opener way more than regular opener.
Attachments
2FD6FD19-7F22-4F51-A1D8-A2013EF4E5C3.jpeg

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:23 pm

Nice work!

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:57 am

Nicely Done!

Pretty cool spots on this one.....

Screenshot_20230908-005701_Gallery.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:37 am

I had to put my dog down today I never realized just how awful it could be. I can't sleep at all. My wife said goodbye this morning to our dog before she left on her woman trip she planned a year ago. It was not fun at all but I did have my son and her relatives come with as I held him at the end. Never realized how hard it would be. I don't cry usually ever but man.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:42 am

Sorry to hear that Recker. Labrador?

Probably not much I can say to help but it’s a pain I know all too well. Hopefully your dog lived a full life. I always say any dog that doesn’t make it to ten years old got a bum deal and everyday past ten is a gift.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:43 am

If a man doesn't cry when putting down a dog......

.....he either has no heart or the dog wasn't much of a dog.

As hard as the loss is recker...be thankful neither apply in your case. I'm sorry for your loss. The closest living thing to me I've ever lost was my dog......I've been fortunate to not have any humans close to me die, and he was a hell of a dog. I've cried at my grandpa's funeral and at my dog's.

Dogs are really just tragedies waiting to happen since we outlive almost all of the ones we'll ever own. Despite knowing the inevitable heart break....the upsides make us still want to have them. People's character, loyalty, and affection are far more fickle than a canine's.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. As with anything.....it'll get better a day at a time.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:24 am

Sorry for your loss recker. I know the feeling, been through it twice and it is brutal. Felon summed it up pretty well.

I waited a long time after college to get a dog. The single biggest reason for not getting one was the fear of the inevitable and knowing the pain when having to say goodbye.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:47 am

Sorry to hear about your dog. It’s a terrible feeling. Truly the worst. I was physically ill when the time came for my old dog. The anticipatory grief was absolutely crushing. I had to leave work and walk down to the river and sit on a park bench with my hat pulled down low so nobody could see a grown man crying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:01 am

recker7676 wrote:I had to put my dog down today I never realized just how awful it could be. I can't sleep at all. My wife said goodbye this morning to our dog before she left on her woman trip she planned a year ago. It was not fun at all but I did have my son and her relatives come with as I held him at the end. Never realized how hard it would be. I don't cry usually ever but man.Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, one of the toughest things to go thru..........

I had to put my first Lab Sadie down 9 years ago, she was 15.5 years old, still had a heart of a Champion but her body was wore down, every morning before work I would go out to feed her hoping she had passed away, but she would just lay in her dog kennel waging that tail, just couldn't take it any longer and made an appointment with Vet, never told my wife or my boys as they had all moved out and were on there own but had all hunted with her. Loaded her up and took to her to 3 of the places we all hunted and let her walk about, got to the vet and I asked vet if I was doing the right thing, she said yes, it's time, hardest thing I've ever done, got her cremated and will toss her remains in our favorite slough someday. My new lab Shelby is now 10 and already dreading the day.....................
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”