maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:43 pm

Nice work! I've been waiting to go until I hear if my dad and his buddy want to go down south or not. Trying to convince the gf to go out on my land in the meantime so I can try and call something in

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 10, 2024 6:27 am

Bro with a 42" pike from yesterday....

Screenshot_20240509_224944_Gallery.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat May 11, 2024 1:39 am

Lol

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun May 12, 2024 5:15 am

Niiiiice! I keep meaning to get out of town to try and see the northern lights....but one of those deals where it's not a big priority. I kind of feel like you should only see them by chance....as in you're doing something else and they're an added, unexpected enhancement of that experience. They're not really a "top billing" headliner of a show you go see.....but an OK opening act you weren't expecting to like as much as you find out you do.

Not a bad day on the water.....my brother was keeping count and we finished with seven, which I was fine with and thought was a pretty decent outing for it being early for the bite out here.....but he kept repeating on the ride home how any time he goes and doesn't catch a limit he considers it a failure...not good fishing....Yada Yada Yada

Then we get home and start lining them up...I thought seven seemed low and there might be eight.....but I was wrong....ended up with ten.....our limit. Caught a few dink pike that I wanted to kill but little pike aren't really an issue out here.....didn't mind tossing them back as a result, but it still felt wrong. Also caught a white bass and a tullibee/goldeye/mooneye....not exactly sure....drank a lot of beers and got a lot of sun and was too busy fishing to do a search on my phone to check. Not many other guys fishing but they were catching a handful of dinks going trolling motor slow with bottom bouncers and a minnow. Everyone out here always fishes bottom bouncers and I have no idea why. It's seems totally fukcing retarded to me, I never see anyone do better than us trolling cranks....maybe in numbers but at the end of the day our smallest keeper is typically about the size of anyone else's biggest fish. I saw dudes reel in and net quite a few fish....would put money on the biggest one out of all of them being maybe 15"

Screenshot_20240512_045446_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240512_045456_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240512_045512_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun May 12, 2024 5:18 am

Screenshot_20240512_045556_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240512_045614_Gallery.jpg

We were so jacked and surprised about the limit that we forgot about the one white bass.....until being done cleaning and then cleaning up the mess from cleaning. No complaints though....good minor problem to have.....

Screenshot_20240512_045624_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”